Got another 440 today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, I did it again. I was thinking about grabbing a 361, but I really like my 440 so I asked the dealer if they could get another one. Next day the dealer called and said they had one so I bought it.

I have one full tank through the one and haven't run the other yet. This weekend I will put a few tanks through each, falling trees and cutting firewood.

Here is a crappy pic of the two.
DSCN2151.jpg

Now I can run one in each hand.:cheers:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Man I just want one 440 and you already have two. Somethings wrong with this picture. I guess I need to get to saving so I can get my first. Hey Space jump in here and tell him how crappy the 440's are. Yeah I'm stirring it.:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

For the record, I do feel a little guilty, but it was cash I saved up from side work so the wife didn't get on my case too bad. I remember my dad buying 3 new saws in one day once, that makes me feel better.

I have a 361 thats hardly used anytime you wanna trade. My 44 is getting tired and could use a replacement. Way to go, in my opinion the 440/044 is one of the est stihl ever made.

IMO, if you've got a 440 (or two), why get a 361? They're similar in weight and size, of course the 440 has more power. You're just going to find yourself going for the 440's and looking past the 361.

And, yeah, I'm jealous. I've always wanted a 440, ill trade ya a really nice 361 :givebeer:

Congrats on your new 440!!

Mine been a good saw too..When I get some mad money saved up it will be a new Ms440 or a Ms460... Enjoy !!!

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between the 044 and the 440?

I just put the DP cover on my 044, and the main port was already hogged out, man this thing will pull big time now. I think I need an 8 pin sprocket now! :chainsaw:

No Nails just busting on you. I think you did good man. Now the ? is are you sill going to get the 361? I really like mine! :popcorn: :popcorn: :givebeer: :givebeer:

No, I just can't justify any more saws unless some of my lineup starts to phase out. The 272 is getting old, but it's my stumping saw and I love it.

I was thinking 361, but then it occured to me that I will always go for the 440because it has a little more capability and is matched better for what I do. I have a 357 that fills the 361 spot.

IMO, if you've got a 440 (or two), why get a 361? They're similar in weight and size, of course the 440 has more power. You're just going to find yourself going for the 440's and looking past the 361.

And, yeah, I'm jealous. I've always wanted a 440, ill trade ya a really nice 361 :givebeer:

In my mind I ran through the jumping over the 361 to get to the 440, thats why I bought the 2nd 440. Plus, I don't want the weight of the 441, so preasure was on to get one while I still could.

I'll pass on the trade, nice try though.:cheers:

Nice addition, 440’s are getting harder to find. My 660’s work good as a stump grinders backup, flush cuts and all. Puts a little more torque to the teeth. :chainsaw:

Nice addition to collection.:clap: Now, as far as sayin the mighty 361 is inferior to anything:mad: But, I Stihl respect al Stihls and there owners:cheers:

:censored: The rest of them!

Latest posts

Back