got me a husky 61 rancher. . old school. nice grab?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbutcher80

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hey guys. i just picked up a used husky 61 rancher for 120$ . its the year with the metal crankcase.
the owner is shipping it from wisconsin, so ill get it next week.
he said the compression is 140lbs with a 16” bar. the bar is in good shape . it has a new gas filter, spark plug and was just tuned. he said it starts in a couple of pulls. if theres something wrong with it i can get rid of it within a week .

1. i know 150lbs is the going rate for compression. is 140 ok?

2. i definitely know this is an oldie but goodie. what year you think it is? what other saw models have interchangeable parts?

3. anything i need to know? for example, i heard newer style bars and chains are thinner and not made like this one. so if i need a new chain i should get the bar as well. interchangeable parts? carb adjustment screw settings? any other querks?

thanks guys. i cut a couple cords a year, and have gotten away with my old craftsman, but i figured ide play around with this.

i know it doesnt have a chain brake, and i will look to find one.

I am in need of a muffler for the same saw. Anyone have one or know where to find one? Husky still manufactures the back half, but not the front.

Latest posts

Back