Got me an Echo CS-370

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishZapper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Guys, this site is a great resource. I originally joined because I had some tree questions, and to ask about what kind of chainsaw to buy for work around my land. I didnt really have to ask because the search function turned up some great threads, so when I went to my local dealer, I had a good idea about what I needed to ask, and what I needed to buy.
I asked some more questions about Stihls and other saws to my local guy and it just seemed that echo fit the bill. Can you beleive, a 5 year warranty as long as you're not using it commercially?
5 freakin' years! Woohoo.
Anyway, I dont get to splurge alot on stuff like this, so I wanted to say thanks for being so educational. The saw is pretty fun. You got to get her pretty rev'd up before you hit the wood, but it feels like a dream when its going. I've only used some crappy poulan's and stuff in the past, so its a real treat.

Oh, also, I paid a little more for the saw than Ive seen advertised at the box stores, but the shop is a local business, and they gave me some free oil and stuff and also filed my warranty info for me. Pretty cool I thought.
:greenchainsaw:

Echo Cs-370

I have both heard and read quite a lot of positive comments about the CS-370; those that have used this saw seem mostly very pleased. I believe the CS-370 was intended to replace the CS-346, however, there are certainly some disparities between these two saws in making a direct comparison. The 346 is noticeably lighter and more nimble, whereas, the 370 has slightly increased displacement, better AV, and is more sturdy in its construction (color not withstanding). In the long run, it will be interesting to see how the 370 withstands the competition within its own line. Recently released is the CS-400, which weighs 0.1lbs more, has roughly four additional cc's, and with the exact same overall features. Time will tell. At any rate, "Congratulations" on your new saw purchase. This saw, if used within the boundaries of it limits should surely perform its intended task well. Please provide some feedback regarding this saw as you get more time on it.

Best Regards,
OLY-JIM

Last edited:
I added my first echo chainsaw to my old saw collection last week. it's a CS-601, and it looks like a well built machine. will report later about it. When asking my local dolmar dealer about echo last week, he answered 'good saws'

Hmmmm...

Guys, this site is a great resource. I originally joined because I had some tree questions, and to ask about what kind of chainsaw to buy for work around my land. I didnt really have to ask because the search function turned up some great threads, so when I went to my local dealer, I had a good idea about what I needed to ask, and what I needed to buy.
I asked some more questions about Stihls and other saws to my local guy and it just seemed that echo fit the bill. Can you beleive, a 5 year warranty as long as you're not using it commercially?
5 freakin' years! Woohoo.
Anyway, I dont get to splurge alot on stuff like this, so I wanted to say thanks for being so educational. The saw is pretty fun. You got to get her pretty rev'd up before you hit the wood, but it feels like a dream when its going. I've only used some crappy poulan's and stuff in the past, so its a real treat.

Oh, also, I paid a little more for the saw than Ive seen advertised at the box stores, but the shop is a local business, and they gave me some free oil and stuff and also filed my warranty info for me. Pretty cool I thought.
:greenchainsaw:

Congrats on your new saw, the saw that works for your needs. Good on ya for supporting the local guy, sounds like you got a good dealer.

Kevin

Congratulations

I hope the 370 serves you well. I lost mine in a fire and when we went to replace our saws I told my youngest son he could have any saw he wanted. The CS370 was his only choice. I own several bigger saws, but that little Echo is the nicest to run of the whole bunch. Please post more as you spend more time running the saw. If you are new to chainsaws be sure and take your saw back to the dealer after a few tanks of gas and have them reset the carbeurator, 2 strokes are very sensitive to fuel mixture.

The more I use this thing, the better it gets. Been going through a big patch of sumacs, and it's been revving alot better. Guess there's just a little bit of breakin time. Sucks its raining or Id still be out there "working" just for fun. :greenchainsaw:

Cs370

Congrats on your choice of saws.I got mine in January of this year after slipping on ice and breaking my only other saw.We had a severe ice storm here in southern Mo. and I was left with tons of broken limbs to cut up.That little saw did a great job keeping me in firewood for the rest of the winter.I've picked up a couple of bigger saws since then but the CS370 still gets plenty of work.Enjoy it, Big Dan

Latest posts

Back