Got my first saw back

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Sure you guys have had days that just didn't go as planned. This was one of them for me. I knew it would be a long day when two different customers dropped off some lawn boy mowers with the typical issues.

After I had my obligations fulfilled for the day I decided to dig into a couple saws I drug home a couple weeks ago. Having a thing for Homies I set a good condition super XL auto on the table. Wiped her off and started to pull the carb and check over the fuel sytem. Fuel line came apart outside the airbox which was not a suprise. Cleaned the carb and started to pull the old line out when it got stuck on the tank grommit. Tipped the saw on its side and saw a piece of plastic stickin out of the line. Flash back approx 13 years, cutting wood with my first saw a super xl and branch catches the fuel line were it bridges the air box and tank. After searching through the old tool box I found a piece of tubing that fit inside the existing line and spliced them together. Could this be the saw I wish I had not sold 9 + years ago? Yup, it still has the piece of briggs foam air filter I stuck in the gas cap vent I put there to keep gas from pouring out. Runs like a top. Good end to a rough day.
Here she is, not much but its mine again.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow what are the odds of that,

Slim at best. I never saw the guy I sold it to after that day and had never met the guy I picked it up from. Got this saw in a lot of 9 saws and parts. If I ever run into him again I will have to ask how he came across it.

great story.

since you're having such good luck,maybe you can help me find that 925 i have never owned.

Way cool story. Reminds me of the guy who bought back his Corvette 30 years after it was stolen.

I have a hard time keeping most newer saws around but the old Homies stick around. Everyone needs a saw that lets the neighbor know you are still alive, right Mark.

not familiar with the 923.

Close, I have a xl-923 project saw.

i have a blue XL-12 i need to get going one of these days.I got it from one of my best freinds in Tennessee.he had two that were his fathers.he gave me one.I need to find some parts for it someday.

I would like to try and find one of those big McCullochs one day.I cant ever seem to find them though.

My neighbors, like my wife, are pretty happy that I travel a lot...

Mark

My wife just tells me "Get out of here" I just wish that was to some foreign land.

xl-923 looks very similar to the 925. Will try to find a pic

Latest posts

Back