got my hands on 365 husky to tune.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
guy i know came over today said he heard ive been playn with saws, he brought with him a 365 husky said it wasnt running very good. been sitn for a long time and hes getn ready to go firewood cutn.

first thing i did was dump the gas then filled it with fresh 40/1 mix i had on hand , it sputterd after about 5 pulls then fired up with another couple with no choke.

i thought it was running fine it just needed the carb tweeked alittle. so i tweak it i did and man i was ohhhhh maybe my 359 isnt gona step into the picture. 365 did run very good and i couldnt resist.

i asked him if hed midn letn me cut do a few cuts.

359 just barely beat it. both running 24" bars and stihl RSF full skip chains that were very sharp. i actualy thought it might not beat the 365, that thing realy sounded good. but it did and im happy. it bested a saw just alittler bigger than it.

im also now wonderin about a big bore kit on 365 with my porting

Evan

where can i find specs on the the 365, im assumeing it 65cc or close to 65cc. ive see the 372 bigbore kit also goes on the 365.
im thinkn for the price of used 365 250-300bucks a big bore kit and some porting that it should be one heck of a saw.

after just tuneing and makeing a few cuts with the 365 im very impressed with it even in stock form.

just found the specs, its 65.1 cc 4.6 horse 13lb

i thought it would be more than 4.6 65cc and that power is pretty tourge id think 5hp should be easily attainable

Last edited:
where can i find specs on the the 365, im assumeing it 65cc or close to 65cc. ive see the 372 bigbore kit also goes on the 365.
im thinkn for the price of used 365 250-300bucks a big bore kit and some porting that it should be one heck of a saw.

after just tuneing and makeing a few cuts with the 365 im very impressed with it even in stock form.

just found the specs, its 65.1 cc 4.6 horse 13lb

i thought it would be more than 4.6 65cc and that power is pretty tourge id think 5hp should be easily attainable

I've had a 365 for several years. Its an underrated saw. Its the same chassis as the 372 with a 65cc cylinder so all those into spec sheet facts and figures speak out their a**es ("back sides") when talking about the 365. I really like mine more than the 272's, 372's I've run for spending a day in the woods. I find mine a little easier on my older back, it also doesn't vibrate as much.

BUT like you, I will buy a 365 ebay saw and build it to a 75cc big bore 372 spec for kick's and GTG's where all it has to do is blast thru 15 minutes of ego logs! Then go back to my 455, 365, and old hobby saw Homelite XL 903 for real work in the woods. I have to admit, a younger version of me would prefer the 372..

Last edited:
im thinkn for the price of used 365 250-300bucks a big bore kit and some porting that it should be one heck of a saw. ...

That is pretty common to do, just make sure it doesn't have the Zama carb - if so you need a new carb as well.

whats zama carb. the one i tuned was fully adjustable.

about the only advantage i see to the 372 is the big air, those hove a much bigger filter on them

weimedog

it seems many of huskys saws are underated even though they cut with or above there class of saws. i do like the 372 but it just cost so much specialy when it appears that theres good deals floatn around on 365s. i can see a 365 comeing my way much sooner than 372.

thanks

Evan

yup only a real upgrade from the 372xp.

372xpw comes big bore already

Back