Got my Logrite 60" Peavy....wow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had no idea that these were this beefy. The pic's on their website do not do it any justice. I can't wait to get up the ridge and drop some trees so I can try it out, then use it on the mill to roll a 28 footer I have waiting to be cut into a beam for the mill shed. Y'all were right, it's a damn impressive tool made right here in the USA.

http://store.logrite.com/pv060.html

RD

I have a hookaroon from them and it is a quality product, worth every penny. I keep eyeballing their peavy....

I've been eyeballing them for a couple years, and just never get around to buying one. Glad to hear you are impressed........ confirms why I want one. My logging supply store tells me they are guaranteed for life, and replacing one wooden handle more than pays the difference between the China-made generic, and the LogRite.

they are great products and great people.

they not a company you have to worry about giving money to Chris Dodd or Sarah Brady.

I've had a wooden handled peavy I bought in VT for $60. It slips off the log sometimes & I have gone on a couple of rides when it's wet out. The Logrite sticks much better & the hook angle design is the reason. A Logrite hookaroon and a smaller handled cant for the sawmill are in my future.

As far as price, well it's more $ for a better product. I don't have a problem with that and US made is a big bonus. Other US companies outsource, build a cheaper quality product then sell it for the same price or cheaper to compete with all the other cheap crap out there. Levi Strauss is a prime example. I wore them for over 40 years.....not anymore. I would gladly pay $50 for a pair of made in the US Levi jeans, but they do not exist.

RD

Thanx Fellas, I was in the US on the weekend and saw the Stihl one at a dealer. I thought it was a great tool, but knew the boss would not be happy if I came home with more than what I went for:cry:

Used it to roll this 28 foot Poplar onto my mill........lotsa leverage and a great grip!

28Footer001.jpg

28Footer002.jpg

Actually it wa 29 feet, 1 foot longer than the mill,so I had to finish it with the 361. This will be the overhead beam for the front of the mill shed, so it had to be beefy to span 28 feet.

28Footer004.jpg

Latest posts

Back