Got myself a Pro Mac 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soal6

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got myself a Pro Mac 55 through the post today! Although it is in a terrible state i'm positive i'll rebuild it. I havent torn it down yet as i've not a great deal of knowledge with the old Macs. I was wondering if anyone has one? Rebuilt one? Does it have a points ignition system? Finally parts, Are there any other models that share parts?

Visit the 'McCulloch Chain Saws' sticky thread here in the Chainsaws section.... I'm sure the knowledgeable Mac gents can offer any and all info. you will need.

Post up in the Swap Meet sticky thread as you determine parts needs, as well.

Enjoy the project!

Get your self an IPL and you'll see that it shares quite a few parts with the other "10" series of saws such as 10-10, 2-10, 7-10, etc.

Well thank you guys! I tore into it today and , well....... Its had its day :sucks: There are some rather deep gouges in the cylinder, Piston its wrecked and where the bar mount studs are, the casing has a crack in it. Kinda gutted to be honest but it did only cost me £10. I do have my eye on a Danarm 1-71-s!

Bummer. Well, if you find a Mac 10-10 out there in decent shape for cheap, you can put the 55's work clothes on it and pretend...

Mmm I could! Haha! I just want a nice project to keep me occupied. I'll see if i can win this Danarm

Latest posts

Back