Got some time with the new splitter in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkyrie Rider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Spent some hours with my new splitter yesterday! Makes splitting enjoyable and my back isn't sore the next day. Wish the cycle time was a little faster, but I'll take it over a sore back anyday!

My wife came out and stacked between dealing with our two kids. The stacks are about 6' tall in the pics.

standard.jpg

So let me get this straight.

First your wife let you buy a splitter and a new saw in the same weekend.

Then, you split the wood and she stacks it for you!!!

WTF, some guys get all the luck! :greenchainsaw:

looks real good

how you liken it. was thinking about getting a huskee but short on funds right now. might save for a timberwolf or superspliter. the piles of wood look nice.. do they get tippy at that height

how you liken it. was thinking about getting a huskee but short on funds right now. might save for a timberwolf or superspliter. the piles of wood look nice.. do they get tippy at that height

I pile mine to 7ft. and they do not get tippy as long as you pile them on a good solid surface and stack them tight, they do lean as they dry tho.

So let me get this straight.

First your wife let you buy a splitter and a new saw in the same weekend.

Then, you split the wood and she stacks it for you!!!

WTF, some guys get all the luck! :greenchainsaw:

Yup, that is how it works! I like the cutting and splitting, but hate stacking. She enjoys stacking, so I just pile it up and she stacks it when she can get some time. When she is all done stacking the rest of the wood I'll get her to stand in front of it. It looks funny seeing a 5'5" girl stacking wood into a pile well over her head.

I'm happy with the speeco/Huskee. Would a Timberwolf be nicer, probably..... but I don't sell wood. just do my own and maybe help out some friends. I'd be shocked if I ever did 10 cords a year. Unless I start running into some really twisted big stuff, I think I would have been just fine with the 22T and saved several hundred dollars. I could also just noddle the big stuff and still be good with the smaller splitter.

The supersplit cycle time would be awesome.... so If I ever were to upgrade, it would likely be to that.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice pile for sure. Now that the temp has came down a bit, I hope to get back to splitting. Just hope the rain will back off a bit.

Looks like a nice pile for sure. Now that the temp has came down a bit, I hope to get back to splitting. Just hope the rain will back off a bit.

We have had a VERY hot/humid summer so far! I'm in construction, and come home soaked every day.... either from rain, or sweat. We have had MANY days in the high 80s to 90s and SUPER high humidity since I've been at this outdoor jobsite. I certainly look fwd to cooler weather both at work and at home so I can fire of the wood stove and look fwd to coming home to a nice, warm fire!

We have had a VERY hot/humid summer so far! I'm in construction, and come home soaked every day.... either from rain, or sweat. We have had MANY days in the high 80s to 90s and SUPER high humidity since I've been at this outdoor jobsite. I certainly look fwd to cooler weather both at work and at home so I can fire of the wood stove and look fwd to coming home to a nice, warm fire!

Don't feel bad, the weather wasn't any better here. Wish I had that pile of wood in my yard so I could play after supper. We split as we load so I only need to handle it once but getting back in to the woods when it's wet is a prob.

Gott'a be a real bear working out in this all day. Should start to cool off within a few weeks.

I really cant wait for the cooler weather. Not only for more comfortable working conditions, but I can't wait to fire up the stove either! (got a Quadrafire 3100 Millenium to try out this season!)

Latest posts

Back