Got the 371 home, and here is what I found:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm interesting. I had a 371 parts saw that had no limiters on the carb. Should be a mahle cylinder.
I thought MOST 371's had a single ring piston. And orange air filter cover clips.
Looks like a real nice saw though!

Mahle is OEM but the original Mahle 371 cylinder had two top fin corner notches on the front instead of one.

Spark plug was VERY wet and piston has wet carbon on top. Fuel was nasty looking and dumped. Broke the connector off the end of the plug wire getting it off (think it was in bad shape before I man handled it). All of these things may explain why it had a major bog off idle.

Mahle is OEM but the original Mahle 371 cylinder had two top fin corner notches on the front instead of one.

So you think this cylinder has been replaced? May explain the machining marks being so pristine. Maybe the carb got replaced with the P&C?

My 371 was the same with a two ring piston and limiters on the carb. It also has the black filter cover clips. I think it has something to do with the last year of production before they started making 372s.

371-4.jpg

EPA version, looks to be all OEM. Good saw Sold mine and kept my red and black 371.

Jeremy

Latest posts

Back