got to try my husky 359 today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
work today on huge maple got to try my husky 359 out abit I got it new and put 24 bar on it and it sucked bad now wow it was pulling the 365 my boss was using it has muffler mod and ran 28 bar i ported and moded muffler night and day night and day.:byebye: I thought this might help some people who arent happy with there 359

You obviously have quite low expectations.......:rolleyes2:

I hope that I can pickup a used 359 or 357 now that Husky has the new saws out . I have a Husky 257 which is another saw certain people turn their noses up at . I think it is a great firewood saw . Judging by what people say about their 359 and comparing specs with the 257 I for one have high expectations .

Last edited:
I was mainly referring to the bar lengths that was mentioned, and slow cutting as a result - 16-18" is much more suitable for decent performance.:msp_wink:

I was mainly referring to the bar lengths that was mentioned, and slow cutting as a result - 16-18" is much more suitable for decent performance.:msp_wink:

Most definitely . It is what I use on saws that size in the Hardwoods I cut . Maybe push it to a 20" if it was my only do - all saw .

But my 395 will out cut yours with the bigger bar and block down bigger wood without using a bigger heavier saw.:msp_tongue: Hard wood and all.

This is an old thread but its back. Raced my 359 today against 365xp the 365 has muffler mod and 28 inch bar. The 359 has 24 inch bar, both saws had new chains and the 359 hands down killed the 365. They were both bar deep in a fir. The 365 has westcoast falling dogs and the 359 has non and the actual cutting bar length is about an inch difference. The climber I work with said its the the best saw for blocking down a tree he has ever used so I am happy.:rock: Next we will race the 372xp he he he:laugh:

Bring that 359 down to Victoria and you can have a go at racing my 372.:hmm3grin2orange:

I have 2 running 359s one I ported and one stock so far?Night and day difference in them!But it will not out do my 365 I ported! LOL And I am no real porter!! Just learning enough to get into trouble! LOL Still have another 359 and 357 in parts to get together some time? LOL You could say I like them very well! :rock:

I will agree that they are a nice lil saw when opened up.:msp_thumbup:
[video=youtube_share;gNLiXTvaBKs]http://youtu.be/gNLiXTvaBKs[/video]

Yep Stumpy does very nice work on 359s ! Or anything he touches! :hmm3grin2orange: Just don't bend over in front of him :msp_blink: He Stump Breaks anything! :hmm3grin2orange:

Can anyone post directions on the muff mod and will it do just as well on a 357xp? same mufflers I think? I have one of each and love em both!

Latest posts

Back