Gotta love it!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckinOhio

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Casstown Ohio, Home of the original two headed cir
It's cold and it's snowing a bit and there is nothing to do, so I roust out the missus and we make the 35 minute trip to the husky dealer so that I can hands on compare the saws so that I can decide on my next purchase.
I have a 142 and 350 husky and also a SXL-925 that I've always used on bigger stuff.
Of course the dealer didn't have a 372:cry: but what the hey hes got 385s 390s a 395 and a 3120.
I start gabbing about intended usage, how I really would like to get a 359 to fill a gap, how much saw is enough, will I really utilize all the power of a 395, man it is sure cold out yadda yadda yadda.
To the woman, they're all orange, they'll all sever a limb, so whats the big deal. I explain to her once again the CC and HP difference in the saws, and needing a different saw for different conditions and use. She immediately says that I need a 359 because it goes between the 350 and a 385 or 390, and the dealer sensing the unique opportunity that had just presented itself says" Let me tell ya what I'll do":rock:

Well, I am the proud owner of a 385 and a 359, both bought in my better halfs presence, and the only admonishment that I got was, The house better not get cold and by the way we have to stop and get cat litter. I LOVE THIS GIRL:love1:

The dealer was reasonably priced to the point where I didn't feel that I was paying alot over internet prices, I was supporting my local dealer, and he tells me that I can choose whichever length bar that I want on them.
Of course you fellas know that I had to get a 36 for the 385 since it was included in the price. Will I ever use it, probably not, but I got one! Stayed with a 20 on the 359, and bought a 28 for the 385 that will be a little more realistic.

All in all a good day.

Chuck

Congratulations Chuck. Sounds like you got a pretty good better-half there. Hope you enjoy the new saws. I bought a new 395 not too awfully long ago and I can honestly say that I love running it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nicely done.

My wife has just earned the title of enabler. :blob2: She just went back to work 2 weeks ago and she told me today that she wants to take some money and get me a new saw, man I love this woman. :love1: I see a MS660 in my future, its the only gap in my saw line up.:cheers:

Yep. she's a keeper

But after 24 years I already had an inkling that she was my kind of girl. She can still surprise me though.
I went with the 385 over the 395 because it has all the power that I will ever be able to utilize and weighs like 2 pounds less. Versus the 390 it was a hundred dollar jump there abouts for another 3 CCs, and the consensus from doing several searches here on AS is that the 385 mods really well and that kind of made my mind up for me.
I got the 359 because, well because I just plain wanted one, and here again it's reputation seems pretty solid once the muffler is opened up.
And as even more motivation for the combo that I chose, the dealer was making a real attractive package deal on both of them.
I'm sure that several of you folks suffer from the same malady that I do, which is Walletflyoutofpocketus when confronted with anything that has a bigger engine in it than what I currently own:dizzy:

Chuck

Bar length

Hope you did'nt forget the cat litter, Great deal as long as you don't have to change it.
Allways get the longest bar with a new saw if the price is the same. Buy a shorter one later their cheeper to purchase.
Great buy, Happy Buzz'en

Back