Gransfors Bruks Craigslist Find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

660grizzman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been considering buying a Fiskars splitting maul when I came across a Gransfors Bruks Large Splitting Axe on Craigslist this morning for $40. I called the guy and decided to risk the money and buy it. I know these are a quality piece of eqiupment, but I would like to know how these compare to the Fiskars.

we need pic's!

Gransfors is generally on the high end of nice... with fiskar on the low end of nice. both high quality products.

Good point, 0.46.....one might consider the Fiskars the purely utilitarian version of the Grandfors Bruks.

One says, I've got wood to split and I want to get it done as efficiently as possible. The other says watch me get my wood split as efficiently as possible!

lol.

Great price on a Granfors though. I'da snapped it up too!

I doubt we've seen how far it can go in each direction, though it begs for ideas....

TS

Last edited:
Here's a pic.
660grizzman

Polish that baby up and hang it over the mantle when not in use!

Nice find.

For those interested in using craigslist to find jewels like Grizz found, consider using:

http://www.crazedlist.org

Which enables searching ALL of craigslist at once.

Regards,

TS

Ahh, that's better, nice find! I drooled at the Gransfors display at the Smokey Mtn Knife works a couple of weeks ago.
Howzit swing?

RD

Here's a picture of the head.

Motor7, I will pick it up on Friday and put it to work over the weekend.

660grizzman

Last edited:
The Helko Vario 2000 is another fine looking piece of hardware:

a2f0e2f1_337d103200ed1defb19e014945a51f43.jpg

But they cost good as they look.

TS

Latest posts

Back