Graphic Instruction on How to EMBED Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
Reaction score
I am attaching a Acrobat PDF file with illustrated instructions on how to upload and embed photos into AS threads.

I spent several hours today (cabin fever) and hope my results are useful to some.

If you see problems let me know and I'll try a redo if it's a consensus that this is a good idea.

View attachment 127740

I've learned a lot from the members of this site so now I'm trying to find a way to contribute.

How about one on how to reply with quote and NOT bring the pictures along for the ride?

Bsnelling did a thread on the embedded images already FYI. Not sure how your approaches differ though.

7oaks

When you say you have to re-size the photo using photo software could you give me an example of that please.i have saw pictures stored in my computer in the My Pictures space.We have Widows whatever the last one was that they came out with.Sorry I am not that computer literate
Thanks
Lawrence

Nice Job!

I am attaching a Acrobat PDF file with illustrated instructions on how to upload and embed photos into AS threads.

I spent several hours today (cabin fever) and hope my results are useful to some.

If you see problems let me know and I'll try a redo if it's a consensus that this is a good idea.

View attachment 127740

I've learned a lot from the members of this site so now I'm trying to find a way to contribute.

Good on Ya.

Al:cheers:

When you say you have to re-size the photo using photo software could you give me an example of that please.i have saw pictures stored in my computer in the My Pictures space.We have Widows whatever the last one was that they came out with.Sorry I am not that computer literate
Thanks
Lawrence

Lawrence...

I personally use PhotoShop on a MAC and could give you instructions on doing that but it sounds like you are on a windows machine. I'm sure there is someone on here who will chime in and give help on resizing images on a windows machine. I believe there is free software for windows that would work.

Pictures can be saved as or exported as a variety of formats, and the quality and size can be selected at that time.

iPhoto lets you select multiple pics from an "event," and then you hit file > export and it lets you pick or create a folder, and you pick a size and quality. I always use .jpeg, medium size and quality, which is fine for saw pics, and does not take too long for the dial-up folks 100kB should be the max, unless you REALLY need to show micro-detail.

I would like a tutorial on how to embed videos. I have not been able to master that one. Great thread!:clap:

How about one on how to reply with quote and NOT bring the pictures along for the ride?

Bsnelling did a thread on the embedded images already FYI. Not sure how your approaches differ though.

just quote. when the quoted text appears above where you are typing, click and cut out the pic codes. click preview before you post to see if you got it right.

btw: sometimes i find myself leaving pics in quotes for spite.

Try windows paint program. It can be a little trying to get it but I have been able to resize there. Now to read the directins....

Easiest way to resize images in Windows is to use the MS Windows "Power Toy" Image Resizer. It's a small add-on from MS that you install. Then whenever you RIGHT click on an image file, one of the options is "resize image" and you can pick a standard size or make a custom one. It saves the resized image as a copy so you don't lose the original. It really hacks down the file size without hurting quality too.

Do a google search on "image resizer power toy" and pick the one for your OS.

iPhoto lets you select multiple pics from an "event," and then you hit file > export and it lets you pick or create a folder, and you pick a size and quality. I always use .jpeg, medium size and quality, which is fine for saw pics, and does not take too long for the dial-up folks 100kB should be the max, unless you REALLY need to show micro-detail.

Thanks for the heads up to that option in iPhoto. I'd never discovered it. Guess I should read the manual then again I'm pretty much a PhotoShop guy. Again thanks.

Easiest way to resize images in Windows is to use the MS Windows "Power Toy" Image Resizer. It's a small add-on from MS that you install. Then whenever you RIGHT click on an image file, one of the options is "resize image" and you can pick a standard size or make a custom one. It saves the resized image as a copy so you don't lose the original. It really hacks down the file size without hurting quality too.

Do a google search on "image resizer power toy" and pick the one for your OS.

I believe Power Toys can only be used on Windows XP and lower. I used to use power toys on my xp machine, but now I use Prish Photo Resizer which is extremely similar.

Looks awful familiar!! LOL I did one just like it. Good on ya though, for helping out.

First mistake, LOL, you say to resize the image, but you said max 300mb. That's a little big LOL.. It should be 300kb.

Will

Last edited:
I would like a tutorial on how to embed videos. I have not been able to master that one. Great thread!:clap:

Returning the favor...

Assuming you already know how to upload videos to YouTube it is quite easy to embed those videos into a message.

Here is a pic of the window:
attachment.php

Just double click on the "embed" field and the html will be highlighted. Additional options will be available at that point (such as video size) but you don't have to select any just copy the highlighted html and then import it into your message just as you would a picture except you don't have to use manage attachments - you just Go to that funny yellow icon (the one with the mountains and sun) that's above the message window and click on it and paste the url into that requestor, hit okay and it'll be in your message as below.

object>

Me being new to the site I was just trying to figure that out today so I could import pics for profile and future posts.
Thanks for the info......BTW Nice Saw!

Ed

:chainsawguy:

Latest posts

Back