Great Saturday Junking Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack_Shaft

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post up a pic of my very modest pile of firewood that I finally found the time to junk up this past Saturday. Most of it was 5-gallon bucket sized Spruce and Fir and it is already as dry as a bone and ready to heat. With any luck, I'll get it all split and stacked in a couple of weeks.

I used a 026 that I recently rebuilt to junk most of it, nothing like building a saw, then tuning it to perfection as you work with it for a few hours during break-in. Although I have crowned my Dolmar 5100S as my favorite mid-sized saw, I forgot just how light and powerful the 026's are, not to mention easy to work on. I think I can rebuild these in my sleep now!

attachment.php

Well, it may seem modest until you compare it to what I've put up this year .... zero. :D

I say it's a good looking pile of wood. Thanks for the pic!

:cheers:

Have fun splitting. I usually hand split for a couple hours at a time. But today I split for 15 minues and said hell with it. Two hours of sleep doesn't seem to provide the energy required
For that type of action. :dizzy:

Alright I'll take a crack at this. Here's my Saturday's work. And I **** u not when I say it took no more than 3hrs. Not including stacking or cutting the tree's down. Both splitters, I made. 4 freinds, five says, 1 grain truck, two trailers, and about 24 beers. All hedge wood from the two trees pictured. Actualy I own everything that was used, except for the 185 allis tractor that was powering the horizontal splitter.(the two stage pump didn't show up in time to get it mounted) so Plan B went into effect. Let me tell this THERE IS NO EASIER WAY TO MAKE ENOUGH WOOD FOR A YEAR IN LESS TIME THAN A GROUP EFFORT. Test the theory and you too will see the light.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back