Greetings from Alaska

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michelle lives closeby here and Im good friends with the family. The Nat Geo show is viewed in 130 some odd countries.
Her FIL was just here this morning. How's that for some name dropping? Lol
I for one think that's pretty cool

And one of the few shows like that with quality

I dunno, the last few days I've thought about cutting in just undies and chaps. Was 87* in the shade at the shop.

I'm not built for that!

I dunno, the last few days I've thought about cutting in just undies and chaps. Was 87* in the shade at the shop.

I'm not built for that!

I hear that

I pulled my chaps off Monday evening and you could have wrung a gallon of sweat out of them

The smoke was burning my eyes and making me short of breath

Miserable

Got up to 81*F yesterday in Bethel. Thank God the wind was truly brisk at about 25mph or it would have been death.

Got up to 81*F yesterday in Bethel. Thank God the wind was truly brisk at about 25mph or it would have been death.

I remember the 4th of July at Pinky's park was either cold, wet, and miserable or so damn hot people were dying

One particularly hot 4th my younger son filled a roll around cooler with frozen otter pops and hauled them around the festivities

Made a mint

Planned it again the next year and damn near got snowed out

Boy was he P!$$ed

Haha.

Two years ago I went racing at Tanacross with a Lotus Elise I had at the time. Tanacross is around 15ish miles from Tok. Memorial Day weekend.

Left the house and most of the way it was snowing hard, roads were nasty. I'm thinking maybe I should have brought snow tires for the race car instead of slicks. Get up there, I think on a Thursday. Come Saturday it was in the 80s! I had packed a real thick sleeping bag, tent heater, coats, long johns, etc.

When I got back home the trees had fully leafed out, grass was growing and everything. Talk about mother nature having a mood swing!

Or have had pouring rain, like near flash floods and drive to the other end of town and it's nice and sunny.

Hot and smoky north of Fairbanks this morning. Around here it's either a rainy and cold summer or a smoky and hot summer, not sure what I like better.

Back