Grenade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warning, GRAPHIC content!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the super duty body style. I drive a 09 F-250 right now. I've had 10 dodges with cummins, 2 strokes, and one duramax. I'm currently shopping for a cheap cummins 1st or 2nd gen to beat around in.

Biggest thing I like about the Ford's is the size of their crew cab. Nice big cab and you can still have a long bed. Mega cab Dodge would be fine if you could get an 8' bed with it.

Buddy has an 6.4l F-350 dually. Can't believe how well that truck rides for dually.....heck for anything. I think it rides better than my taurus company car.

The guy that built an engine for me was building a cr cummins to go in an 02 ford and the guy wanted 800-900hp in it. His neighbor had an 05 dually with around 700 that he wanted to outrun. These guys brought their trucks from Florida to Tennessee to get the work done.

I traded an 07 4 door shortbed dodge on the 09 ford mainly for the cab room with the baby. She was almost sitting on the console with her facing backwards. Sometimes I wish I had a longbed but they are a pain to park.

It's all high performance. We just need to get Brad hooked on oil burners too. He would be wanting to build a 1000hp daily driver.

I have no idea what your point is! But as far you knowing it all, you do a good job of informing everyone of that yourself!

I know nothing...And the way I look at it the less I know the better off I am...

But I do know I have worked in the parts business most of my adult life...I am not arguing that aftermarket is better than OEM, but what I am arguing is the fact that this world has turn to a bunch of ####ing idiots that work on cars-trucks...

Not calling you a ####ing idiot, but in general most mechanics today are not mechanics at all...They are just parts changers that blame the parts for failing...Parts fail for a reason, be it human error, wear and tear, just plain wore out or the biggest reason SOMETHING CAUSED IT TO FAIL...That cause could have been low voltage, improper installation, improper lubrication and until you find out why it failed you can't blame the part...I sell probably 10 Cummins ECM in Sept-Oct b/c farmers get in their truck that is used for hauling grain 1 month out of the year and they don't have enough common sense to put a battery charger on it for a ½ an hour before they try to start it...

I guess it really pisses me off that people want to pull the OEM card when a vehicle that has 200,000 miles on it starts to have problems...I guess if OEM was so good there would be no reason for the would of aftermarket...

If I ever get the funds I will be getting a cummins. My dad has had one for almost ten years in his ram 3500. He pulls a 22' 7 ton trailer with 5 foot sides stacked FULL and a full bed.....all WET OAK. He lives on a tall ridge and pulls that load from up to 40 miles away and then pulls it up a mile long road to the top. He has extra tranny coolers and oil coolers and still gets hot:hmm3grin2orange: But it gets the job done. I don't know how much that much wood weighs but the trailer tires are almost to the rim and and truck is squatting. He said it (the wood) weighs close to 20 ton.

If I ever get the funds I will be getting a cummins. My dad has had one for almost ten years in his ram 3500. He pulls a 22' 7 ton trailer with 5 foot sides stacked FULL and a full bed.....all WET OAK. He lives on a tall ridge and pulls that load from up to 40 miles away and then pulls it up a mile long road to the top. He has extra tranny coolers and oil coolers and still gets hot:hmm3grin2orange: But it gets the job done. I don't know how much that much wood weighs but the trailer tires are almost to the rim and and truck is squatting. He said it (the wood) weighs close to 20 ton.

Yup they sure can pull. Most important thing when pulling loads like that is to watch your EGT, you can melt a motor fast, especially if you got a few things done to to. When I put a chip in my truck its very easy to spike up the EGT, so I put in a gauge to monitor. I don't have a Cummins though.

Latest posts

Back