Gripe about tiny tires on hydraulic splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 35 ton Husky with the small tires and to be honest I just hook on and go. Don't look back. I pull mine at 55 all the time. Big deal if it bounces around. They will go where the truck goes.

I hope you never have an issue, like maybe a trire comes off and hits another car or person. Luck usually runs out eventually.

Just to refresh back to the original post, it's mainly the lack of high speed bearings that I have the problem with. Although taller tires wouldn't hurt.

Pot holes.
I personally wouldn't want suspension on a smaller splitter. Would make it squat even lower when you put a chunk on it. I drag to mine some so I even put outriggers to keep it stable. Self levels that way too.

MVC-002S_4.JPG

How well does that crane work for you?
I saw the thread when you built it a few years ago.
I've been wanting to do that with my splitter.
I was thinking about using a pickup crane life on mine.
Mine is smaller then yours but will split most any oak I can put on it.
I was thinking my out riggers can be manual instead of hydraulic.
It would be nice to just lift a heavy piece instead of noodling it down where I can pick it up.
Thats an awesome splitter you built.

My hubs are 4x4 and I have 13 inch wheels,,, quite common pattern here. I think a lot of offshore cars used it also.
BBB
The rims that appear to be 4x4" on most of the small cars are actually 4x100mm, slightly smaller than 4 inches. The nuts do not seat properly.
Most vehicles nowadays use metric dimensions which are close to what we are used to .

Back