Growing up with Redwood's. Truely God's country.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out to Redwood country, Cazadero on friday. Did a little road work on one of the ranche's, and had to finish a tree job. John, Jesus, Bob, and me. Was a real ggod deal, because my good friend Jesus got to learn some basic's with the flipline, and spur's. He use'd to free climb alot of stuff, and has alot of natural ability. John parmeter is another good buddy, and another tree work partner, our number one climber. He had to do the redwood he was up 150 ft, got a few nice pic's can't get em up right now. I wish it was as easy as facebook to download pic's oh well got em up over there. But it was a fun evening I alway's enjoy watching John, and it was nice to see Jesus pic up alot. Good time's in the redwood's.

Those guys are nuts. I told John I'll cut anything on the ground, but I'll leave the climbing to the nuts. He just laughed and said you're the same way. Said something about you not wanting to climb more than four feet or so!:hmm3grin2orange:

John is one of the best of the best class. A pure natural. I have alway's had a fear of hight's, but alway's wishe'd I could get over it to climb. I have the skill's, but not the nerve LOL! We have a well rounde'd crew, and Jesus is really coming along. I think he has the potential to be as good as John. It was the first time he had attempted a tree without limb's, to grab on to as well, and needless to say no limb's for about 40 feet in the fir. The redwood I knew was all John, no limbs till about 125, and had to go up to 150 plus. I am impresse'd evry time I watch him, and that is even after working togehter soooo Long!

John is one of the best of the best class. A pure natural. I have alway's had a fear of hight's, but alway's wishe'd I could get over it to climb. I have the skill's, but not the nerve LOL! We have a well rounde'd crew, and Jesus is really coming along. I think he has the potential to be as good as John. It was the first time he had attempted a tree without limb's, to grab on to as well, and needless to say no limb's for about 40 feet in the fir. The redwood I knew was all John, no limbs till about 125, and had to go up to 150 plus. I am impresse'd evry time I watch him, and that is even after working togehter soooo Long!

I'm the same way...

Back to Redwood country thursday after work. Another tree job, this one no charge for a friend who passe'd away. His wife calle'd neede'd the help a pine leaning over the house. She wanted to pay I said no way, he was the father I should have had. Hope to have some good pic's, it's a pine, but tucke'd under the redwood's.

I hope to have time to come up north and see the redwoods this fall.

I don't know when exactly it will be. I was thinking of coming when I get done with this job but that might be november/december. I might have to take a week off and come up and visit.

I don't know when exactly it will be. I was thinking of coming when I get done with this job but that might be november/december. I might have to take a week off and come up and visit.

Plan on staying in the southern range, or below Cape Mendocino, the weather up here in Nov/Dec can change suddenly towards the severe.
You stand a chance at getting stranded or going a long ways out of your way to get back to civilization.

I seen a little snow in the high country when I was out your way but the coast stayed free of it. No big deal for me as I see snow all around me for 3-4 months of each year.The road from Geyserville over the hills to Cloverville was closed due to snow accumulation.

The snow is one thing, rock/mud slides, washouts and floods are more common. Two days worth of a Pineapple Express is all it takes to cut the roads. Crescent City is vulnerable, we lose both 101 and 199 for a week at a time every few years. Its no accident that we have an oversized airport.

Like growing up in Cazadero, bring two good saw's, survival gear, and a couple shovels. You can get through alot. I seem too LOL!! 2006 was the worst I ever saw, we closed more county road's than guy's that worke'd here for 30 year's. It was bad!!!!

Like growing up in Cazadero, bring two good saw's, survival gear, and a couple shovels. You can get through alot. I seem too LOL!! 2006 was the worst I ever saw, we closed more county road's than guy's that worke'd here for 30 year's. It was bad!!!!

The 2006 new year storm floods were terrible. I couldn't even get to work on jan-1 because there was NO way to get south of Sonoma County. I saw some crazy #### that morning.....:yoyo:

I had to go up, and over St helena, and in through lake county up, and over 175 to get home one night. Never saw so many closure's Aaron.

Hopland is a low spot, I drove a route from Eureka to SR every day during the winter of '94/'95, the Russian was pretty high through there.
That was the winter that the Cummings slide ate 101, had to dodge around on SR271, it wasn't in very good shape.

Latest posts

Back