Guess wha I did today!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I always read about guys running over thier saws and think to myslef how coul dyou do that? Well today I did it!! I was having a little fire outside to burn some old building materials I had kicking around, then I remembered that my off-road trailer was full of brush so I went and got it and brought it up. I had a few small trees that fell in that area so I got out the MS180 and cut them insection sto burn. After everthing was burning I them remembered about some old fence post I had behind then barn.. Those will burn I thought to myself so I jump in the truck and start to back up. I made it about 2' when I thought I heard something and then it hit me .. the saw!! S*it!!! sure enough the little guy was on his side, I must have jus hit the bar luckily. The case isn't damaged but the bar is bent and the chain won't turn on it.. good thing it was just the bat because the 37" tires on the trailer probably wouldn't have noticed running over that little 180..

ohwell I'LL see it I can straighten if not I'll be getting a new bar I guess.. Lesson learned!

your lucky i would never be able to replace a saw in the economic sitiation i am in so i hope that never happens to me:cheers:

I have read a few post around here on that happening, that and falling off trucks, 4 wheelers, trailers, etc. I guess we can all use your post as an example to slow down and THINK about where we sit our saws. Glad to hear it was not a total loss and hope you get a new bar soon, winter is a coming !!!

I use a picture or a checklist for stuff.

It starts before we leave the house/shop.

We refer to it before we get in the vehicles to leave.

It's a good system to circumvent preventable problems, except for the time we forgot the two whiny kids that one time.:monkey: for a 1/2 mile.

Fortunately it was the Super Almighty MS361 that I ran over with the tractor. A nick in the handle was all!

I use a picture or a checklist for stuff.

It starts before we leave the house/shop.

We refer to it before we get in the vehicles to leave.

It's a good system to circumvent preventable problems, except for the time we forgot the two whiny kids that one time.:monkey: for a 1/2 mile.

That does not count, that was on purpose. If they would have been helpling they would not have gotten left eh?

yeah I normally put the saw somewhere safe and out of the way but it was lightly raining so I tucked the light guy just under the trailer to keep it dry.. OPPS.. I guess the worst part is I actually made a box on front of the trailer to hold my saws. I guess now I can get the 48" bar I always wanted.:jawdrop:

Back