Gunners 2083

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fun while it lasted. back to square one. not sure the cause (everyones blaming gas). got lack of compression.. saw some scoring and the piston rings look shot. smoked a little while cutting.. oh joy.

ran like a mother while it did... everything else is great about the saw.. and a few new parts. might put it in the trading post or hold onto it for a bit.

would make a good study or parts saw. will consider offers. I've got under $300 I believe in all the research and recovery.

am going to take off the cylinder and see what it looks like inside. if its just an issue of another new piston and some better mix it should all be worth it. i need to pay up for the last round of romeo's great work.. been too casual on that. will have to consider a pm to get that ball rolling. if anyone is interested in the saw i need to pay off a 576xp on layaway so any bucks would help. feel free to pm.

i really had no intention of getting rid of it and have put off the idea so as to protect romeo's secrets in his mods. i'm more focused on my 111s project than to really frig with it all anyways. i think it will be really novel for me to buy a new off the shelf saw.

going for it again

found some scoring on the muffler side of the pistonand the rings got frigged in the process. am thinking of getting it going again and have sent out some feelers to see if that will happen. i'm going to see about getting or making a new gasket for the cylinder. wouldn't hurt.

Thats why I think the brand bashing is so dang funny here, I do allot of saw "interbreeding" these days. Some of my best are b@st@rd$.

Romeo,

Thanks! Wonder if that explains the origins of The Rocket Donkey?

ole joat

just put it on the chopping block (thEbay) very worthwhile as a collection of parts. i'm cleaning house so i can move.

Back