Hand Pruners Recommendation - Felco F2 -vs- Felco F11

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pglover19

Reaction score
I am looking to get a new pair of hand pruners this year. Based on my research so far, Felco hand pruners are the best you can buy. Now, what model to buy is the question. I believe the F2 model is the original with the anvil blade attached with rivets. Based on my research, the F11 are the same design as the original, but the anvil blade is attached with screws instead of rivets, so the blade is easier to replace.

Are their any other Felco model you would recommend?

I have a pair of Felco 2 pruners and have had excellent service from a quality product. The blades are very easy to replace.They are held by pins rather than rivets.It is the centre bolt that holds everything together, when you take the two handles apart the blade and anvil simply lift off the pins which don't have to be replaced unless they are damaged (very unlikely).

Last edited:
Never going to go wrong with a pair of Felcos. I had a set of Felco 7's for years. They grew legs and walked away from the truck one year. Corona makes a good line too. Not as $$ as the Felco.

I would base my decision on how much you'll be using them, and how you treat your toys, I mean tools. If you leave them out in the rain, never clean or oil them, lose them, I'd go with a cheaper set. Otherwise, like I said before, you will never go wrong buying Felco's

Never going to go wrong with a pair of Felcos. I had a set of Felco 7's for years. They grew legs and walked away from the truck one year. Corona makes a good line too. Not as $$ as the Felco.

I would base my decision on how much you'll be using them, and how you treat your toys, I mean tools. If you leave them out in the rain, never clean or oil them, lose them, I'd go with a cheaper set. Otherwise, like I said before, you will never go wrong buying Felco's

Corona also puts product on the shelves of Walmart and that crap don't work worth a dam.

And my wife is always leaving my hand pruners out in the rain on the ground.

felco 2 40.00- 50.00, 10.00 replacement blades. with care they will last a long time

Here I was going to reccommend a pair of Coronas, because everybody elses hand pruners and loppers have failed miserably for us.

I didn't realize Corona had gone low budget crap lately.

Our stuff is all 5-20 years old, bought at an orchard supply or stocking hardware.

Times change.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Here I was going to reccommend a pair of Coronas, because everybody elses hand pruners and loppers have failed miserably for us.

I didn't realize Corona had gone low budget crap lately.

Our stuff is all 5-20 years old, bought at an orchard supply or stocking hardware.

Times change.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

don't get me wrong. The stuff at the arbor store is not the same as the stuff at Walmart. Why just the other day I saw a guy fondling a Husky at Sears.

Latest posts

Back