Happy Birthday to meeeee..............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it set up with 3/8 Stihl Rollo ES bar and RS chain. Anyone else running that setup? Im going to try it out on Burr Oak in the morning.

Don't neglect to put a tach on it. Most are too lean from the factory and require pulling the limiter to richen up enough. I've already seen one toasted topend at my dealer.

That was my next question. And Brad, I owe you an apology. Thats why I backed out of that sweet 028 super was to save for this saw. That was a real nice saw.

Anyway, how do you properly remove this new style limiter cap?

Happy Birthday Mid-KS Buddy!!!

The limiter cap removal tool is Stihl #5910 890 4500A, its a screwdriverish gizzy, about 5.5" long. The tip is left threaded fine pitch .100"ish D, .625"ish L, then necks up to .200 for a couple in. and into the driver handle.

I've heard of folks getting away with using a longish drywall screw (or I suppose a long/small D machine screw coud do.) Basically ya screw the tool into the red cap a few turns, then gently turn the cap until it's little tab meets the slot, then pull it straight out & adjust. Reverse to install.

Happy Birthday Mid-KS Buddy!!!

The limiter cap removal tool is Stihl #5910 890 4500A, its a screwdriverish gizzy, about 5.5" long. The tip is left threaded fine pitch .100"ish D, .625"ish L, then necks up to .200 for a couple in. and into the driver handle.

I've heard of folks getting away with using a longish drywall screw (or I suppose a long/small D machine screw coud do.) Basically ya screw the tool into the red cap a few turns, then gently turn the cap until it's little tab meets the slot, then pull it straight out & adjust. Reverse to install.

I have that tool. This limiter cap is only on the high jet, and is different on this saw. it looks like it may be aluminum.

My 261 Arctic came in yesterday, my dealer did better than the original price quote of $720 plus tax,$697 taxes in plus 2 extra chains &2 files. He set it as per the recommendations off here at 13,800. Mine has the same limiter as yours Bowtie, my dealer said he just knocked that pin out that is on the side of the metal cap and he was in,now fully adjustable. I wonder why our limiters are different than the others I have seen on here ? I went with the 3/8 set up with rsc chain. Indiansprings said I'd like this saw & he was right, they're very impressive. If Stihl could build a 55-57 cc that has as much pop per cc as these it's all most people would ever need !!

Last edited:
My 261 Arctic came in yesterday, my dealer did better than the original price quote of $720 plus tax,$697 taxes in plus 2 extra chains &2 files. He set it as per the recommendations off here at 13,800. Mine has the same limiter as yours Bowtie, my dealer said he just knocked that pin out that is on the side of the metal cap and he was in,now fully adjustable. I wonder why our limiters are different than the others I have seen on here ?

I got mine powerhead only for 479 + tax. Mine was made in the 8th month of this year if that helps.

Back