Harbor freight with LOG LIFT!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulinNY

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was very suprised to see this today. I believe its new and haven't read any other posts on em. I know its a harbor freight but ive gotten SOME great deals on SOME very useful stuff that has held up. Not all of it of course. Any informed comments on this machine? 4 way wedge! Log lift ! Subaru engine! $1200 bucks. There goes the timberwolf i was saving for. Im using the rest of the cash towards a tractor and a small welder for repairs. As soon as i convince the wife that cruise lines dont operate in the winter.

Last edited:
No comment, other than the Subaru commercial engine being a top notch performer.

My biggest concern would be, How is warranty work handled and in what time frame?

I will say however, based upon my experience, the most expensive tool is the one you buy twice. Add the cost of the cheap tool to the cost of a good tool you later find you need, and they're both overpriced.

By the way millerhill, welcome.

Take Care

Last edited:
Hf

Good advice John. I found your posts. BTW how was the log lift and about how fast was the cycle time? I read that the rails popped off on your machine. I had similar problem with a Swisher i share. Swisher Inc sent me a new wider wedge that bolts on and rides the i beam. (i had to remove the rails)The HF model appears to have the bolted on wedge. Did yours have that. Thanks.

The lift worked great. There was really no piece of wood I had around that I could not pick up. I ended up with a bent, twisted rail that was the demise of it all. If they would have mounted everything to a better rail, it would have worked out just fine. I asked for $500 to have everything transfered over to a decent rail, but they would not do that so I got a full refund. I never timed the cycle, but it never seemed too slow. The wedge was welded right to the rail.

Thanks. I like to tinker and i like a good deal. Im going to try one of these deluxe HF models. Timberwolf and the like are just way too overpriced. Thanks.

Thanks Swamp Yankee for the welcome.

Seems like a good crew here.

I hope I can contribute useful information from time to time, and I'd especially like to help prospective and current Timberwolf users.

Steve

No comment, other than the Subaru commercial engine being a top notch performer.

My biggest concern would be, How is warranty work handled and in what time frame?

I will say however, based upon my experience, the most expensive tool is the one you buy twice. Add the cost of the cheap tool to the cost of a good tool you later find you need, and they're both overpriced.

By the way millerhill, welcome.

Take Care

Latest posts

Back