Hard Hat Tests

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not an actual study with graphs and charts and all that scientific stuff but the old MacT is good for straightline distance while the newer plastic models are superior for bouncing off of trees.

I tend to agree with Bob however he failed to mention the synergistic effect of cussing while you're kicking. In addition if you are kicking the hat AT someone as opposed to a randomly chosen direction you can get just a bit better terminal velocity. However the more people or horses or dogs that are watching the less energy will be imparted to the hat. If the event is being covertly videoed then one can assume the kicker will either miss the hat, kick in into his/her truck, or kick an inanimate object that appears out of nowhere. Kicking those European hats with ear muffs is a clear violation of international hat treaties.

It's all very complicated, I hope this helps.

(Dues paying member of National Hat Kickers Ass-sociation).

hats

I learned a long time ago throwing, kicking or jumping on or around You're hard hat is good for blowing off steam. I also learned don't get to carried away on steep ground or allways send it up hill, keep in mind at some point You need to go down and get it, then come back up the hill again. Another option is to pull the hardhat off of a coworker and throw or kick their's down the hill instead, it's good for the dramtic effect, and shock factor just be sure You can whoop the one You do that to, and keep in mind the favor maybe returned.

While the full brim have a better shape for sailing, I'm thinking that the cap style would be better for kicking. I don't know why. Maybe because it has less brim for less air resistance?

Some PHD candidate needs to do a paper on this theory.

Crocs eh? I'm thinking about getting a pair to wear as camp shoes on backpacking trips. Some nondescript grey color I think. Crocs aren't listed on my man card but I think I may try to get away with it.

Crocs eh? I'm thinking about getting a pair to wear as camp shoes on backpacking trips. Some nondescript grey color I think. Crocs aren't listed on my man card but I think I may try to get away with it.

I have found they are fine for slipping on when I take my corks off! lol
But they suck in the garden or on loose soil cause it gets in them faster than you can shake it out.
They work fine on the bass boat which is what they where originally purchased for.

I just purchased a McDonald T cap style hat for a comparison kick test. We'll test it at the PNW GTG. I believe there's going to be a contest along this line. The hat came pre dented too!

I just purchased a McDonald T cap style hat for a comparison kick test. We'll test it at the PNW GTG. I believe there's going to be a contest along this line. The hat came pre dented too!

You know a lot of those dents can be worked out if it is not creased or stretched much.

Here is the one for a comparison test.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This one has sentimental value and shall not be kicked. Maybe flung, but not kicked.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back