has corona go you shutdown or off work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was at the grocery today and thought to myself wtf is wrong with people. Used gloves all over the parking lot . One guy took his gloves off and threw them into the cart . I called him on it and he gets all defensive . After I said to him someone else needs to use that cart and the guy that collects them has to throw them away . He did take them out at threw them in the trash.

Ok rant over

Was at the grocery today and thought to myself wtf is wrong with people. Used gloves all over the parking lot . One guy took his gloves off and threw them into the cart . I called him on it and he gets all defensive . After I said to him someone else needs to use that cart and the guy that collects them has to throw them away . He did take them out at threw them in the trash.

Ok rant over
People are dirty animals!

Been retired for a couple years now, so my work this time of year is processing firewood for next year. And, I'm getting plenty done. Had a couple rainy days at the end of last week, so I tackled a honey-do project stripping wall paper from a room that was my son's bedroom before he moved away 10 years ago. Stripped, then scrubbed the paste remnants, then primed with a sealer, then painted with the end result color. I cleaned up all the outlets, switch plates, phone jack, and thermostat. Next, I have the sense I'll be hanging new "window treatments" the bane of my existence. Stay safe guys.

Attachments

• IMG_7424.jpg
    IMG_7424.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
I'm deemed essential so still working, most of the hourly guys are laid off already but some of us Supervisors are working just to try to keep things going so that when things do start back up we can at least have work for everyone right away. Otherwise it will takes weeks to ramp up to full numbers. Our company is getting calls from whiners complaining that we are working. We are taking the necessary precautions as they keep changing. The Government will need out taxes sooner than later. All these people expecting a free ride are going to be in a world of hurt when they get next years tax increases. I told all my guys that they better be ready to start taking on weekend jobs to get back to where they were before they went home. I'm thinking a few of them are gong to be single before this all gets settled down.

I do IT work for a school board, I have been working from home for 3 weeks. It's been busy as teachers are getting set up for e-learning. My wife works in a hospital so she is obviously working, daughter is working from her home, older son is going to start working from his home as rules for construction change. Younger son is doing some e-learning and still working on a smaller dairy farm. So 5 for 5 still working at the moment. We are in good shape, I feel for those out of work or having their business shut down. Also feel for those trying to work from home with young kids.

I'm thinking a few of them are gong to be single before this all gets settled down.
That's too bad...on several fronts, the first one is obvious, but secondarily, we need to be starving a few lawyers out, not giving them extra work!
But I heard the same thing...gonna be a rash of divorces...and births, starting in about 8-9 months...

This is my "office". We haul stone for the gas and oil industry here is southwestern pa. Not all of our trucks are working. I've been getting 4 or 5 days a week.

Attachments

• IMG_20190609_192835.jpg
    IMG_20190609_192835.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
I have been extra busy with deliveries and processing. In some cases I do not have any contact with the customers so do not see a problem. Every couple of weeks have to drive into the city for supplies and parts though. We have had contiguous snow and rain for the last month which might explain why I am getting so many calls. I have added at least $50 to $100 on all prices, but people still want more. Thanks

That's too bad...on several fronts, the first one is obvious, but secondarily, we need to be starving a few lawyers out, not giving them extra work! But I heard the same thing...gonna be a rash of divorces...and births, starting in about 8-9 months...

We were sitting around the firepit last night and there was a horrible argument down in the next street. Bloke was going off his nut at (I guess) his missus. Went on for maybe 7-8 minutes and every second word started with F. For all that we are being told that the shutdown is for our own good, the unintended consequences are and will be bad, and in Australia, I think they'll will be worse than the disease.

As for us, physio practices are classified as essential businesses and since I own one, the wife and I are still working. We are down about 20% I'm guessing on normal but are grateful for doing that well - at least we're still earning a wage. Most working age folk around here are not so lucky.

Been retired 10 years this month.

This doesn't affect me other than closing down the golf course which is just stupid. It is a private club and we don't even need to enter the pro shop. We could take care of ourselves, park in the lot and hit the #1 with no assistance. There are no fees anyway.

I feel for the working guys without a paycheck. This cannot go on.

There are two outcomes barring a vaccine which in all probability will not be soon enough to matter:

#1 Everyone eventually will be exposed, many will have no effects, some will be mildly ill, a few serious ill and a small percent will die. Those in the latter group will have existing ailments and be much older.

#2 Everyone eventually will be exposed over a longer period of time, many will have no effects, some will be mildly ill, a few serious ill and a small percent will die. Those in the latter group will have existing ailments and be much older. But this group is going to have severe economic hardship, some crippled financially and many business will not survive. Some retired people are going to be devastated with the market collapse and the appalling thing is this was done on purpose and most of the sheeple accepted it willingly.

Ok rant over

thats what I’m talking about!!! I would have done the same thing.

I'm still working 5 days a week. Although I'm not sure what I'm doing is essential but my job is on the list of essential jobs. I've been leaving early almost every day and still getting a 40 hour check. I could get used to that. I've been cutting trees down and now im building a chicken coop. The hard part is getting supplies. I've been using motor oil in place of bar oil since I ran out and dont want to be one of these people going out shopping for no good reason.

Back