Has this ever happened to anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the things we deal with gear failing is not something we should have to deal with... how did you get down?

Just not designed to take the flexing caused by the thick ridgid pads. Maybe a rib running down the center would stiffen them up. I'll stick with my slightly heavier, last forever old ones.

if your asking me how I got down the answer is i used my climbing line. I always take a line with me. ALWAYS. No matter how small the tree. If I cant jump down I have a rope. I was just glad there was an extra set of steel gaffs on the truck so I could finish the tree.

jeebus! Mine are only a few years old but I'm going to take a look at them….This kind of equipment failure would be WAY down of my list of things to watch out for...

My guess is they suffered some sort of abuse/trauma and eventually gave way. Good you weren't injured!

It's never happened to me.

You want frys with that, sir?

You love me! The way you follow me around, like a cute 'lil puppydog with a beard!

Now, stop hijacking the brother's thread! Take it to PM's! :chop:

Yap. I've spent thousands of hours on spikes, I've used bashlins, gecko, bucks, but Kleins are far and away the best I've ever used. I will absolutely never go with a different brand as long as I'm working in spikes. Bucks are actually my least favorite. They are bulky, I don't like the angle, and I've never used a pair that can sharpen out well after getting worn.

His Dad needs to shave.

I don't think Titanium fatigues slowly like steel. Not malleable and more brittle is what I mean to say. If I'm not mistaken, I think when it goes, it just snaps. I've got Titanium Buckinghams and this is a concern now.

That is exactly what happened, no warning they just snapped. They never were dropped, or abued to my knowledge.

Latest posts

Back