have I done something REALLY wrong?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brake hones work fine on closed port cylinders like the 056. They do not catch in the ports.

Last edited:
next time DO NOT scrub the black rings, they are ment to be like that and you made them out of round.

if you didnt scare the P+C your should just run it.

plated cyl. only needs to be honed when its damaged IMHO.

you best solution may be to get a new set of rings.

Last edited:
If you can't find OEM 52mm 056 rings, use 2 OEM Husky 281 rings.

His running a plastic scouring pad over those 051 rings didn't do anything to them. You can't remove enough material with a plastic pad on ductile iron to make it out of round.

His running a plastic scouring pad over those 051 rings didn't do anything to them. You can't remove enough material with a plastic pad on ductile iron to make it out of round.
yeah, that was my thinking (plastic pad).
Do the 281 rings have the same size ring pins?

if he took off enough material to change the color it can be measured and constitutes as wear. if the polished rings are as good as new with no significant material removed why should he replace the rings?

good tip on the Husky rings in a Stihl.

:clap:

if he took off enough material to change the color it can be measured and constitutes as wear. if the polished rings are as good as new with no significant material removed why should he replace the rings?

The black powder coating was uneven, and I've never seen matt rings before. Besides, I didn't take off more than the run-in would

Back