Having fun this afternoon with the new Masterminded 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a big change in power from stock? I have a stock 660 that runs a 36" bar well but does not seem that much better than a 460 with 25" bars on both. I have a list of saws that I would like to have ported. Just need to pull the trigger.

Randy can make your 660 into the saw it was designed to be when they first made 066's. Maybe better.

Nice lab.

Al.

And best of all the saw will come back with a neat little sticker that you can pry off with a razor blade and paste on your wildthang or minimac.:hmm3grin2orange:

Al.

That my year and a Half old Pyrenees. No lab is tht big. I'm 6'3" and you can see his paw still on the ground.

I didn't notice a big gain in the smaller would I was cutting but when I noodles that extra gain did come out and help

Everyone keeps talking about these 084's! I wanna see one in action! An can anyone answer why they are so much better than the 880?

Great picture!

260574d1351901595-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351901593-072142-jpg

On bars 25" and less run an 8 pin.......then you'll be having some fun in that smaller stuff. :msp_thumbup:

Today it'll be getting an 8 pin and the DP cover. I love the feel of this saw. What did you get on comp? I was to ancy to go cut last night I didn't look to see what it was blowing. Thanks a million randy! You'll definitely be receiving my 3120 sooner than later

Today it'll be getting an 8 pin and the DP cover. I love the feel of this saw. What did you get on comp? I was to ancy to go cut last night I didn't look to see what it was blowing. Thanks a million randy! You'll definitely be receiving my 3120 sooner than later

It ended up right at 200psi....

You got a muff mod in the package, right?

You can tel this thing doesn't mind the lean at all. Can't wait to put some time on it. The 5100 will be receiving a 325 8 pin on an 18 bar. I need to tach but that little hummer catch's some RPM's

You got a muff mod in the package, right?

Well yeah...... :msp_tongue:

You can tel this thing doesn't mind the lean at all. Can't wait to put some time on it. The 5100 will be receiving a 325 8 pin on an 18 bar. I need to tach but that little hummer catch's some RPM's

The Dolly has a limited coil. Tune it so that's it just under the limiter (right before the tach goes crazy) then clockwise about a 1/4 tune. Test it in wood too.......you don't want it too lean, but if it's too fat it won't run worth a ####.

It was so fat when I got it back it wouldn't even start. I'm sitting at a little over 7000 feet, so I have some dialing to do with both carbs, it's crazy what elevation does! I'm going to try getting the videos off my phone today on a PC instead of a MacBook.

It was so fat when I got it back it wouldn't even start. I'm sitting at a little over 7000 feet, so I have some dialing to do with both carbs, it's crazy what elevation does! I'm going to try getting the videos off my phone today on a PC instead of a MacBook.

LOL.......I fatten saws up when they leave here so i don't have to worry about them being way too lean when they arrive at their new homes. I'm at 1900 ft or so and most saw go downhill from here. Sorry about that. :(

And best of all the saw will come back with a neat little sticker that you can pry off with a razor blade and paste on your wildthang or minimac.:hmm3grin2orange:

Al.

sticker what sticker i didn't get a sticker does that mean my saw ain't ported :msp_unsure:

attachment.php

Ha I need to start leaning out my saws a little. They are run in so there's not point in barely being able to get them to two stroke in the cut.

Back