Having fun this afternoon with the new Masterminded 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to be rude but that 395 looks weak compaired to others. Its hard to get mine pulled down that far even with a 36. I know I couldn't with a 25 even if i was running it fat.

That's a 28, and I'm at 7,200 feet in elevation. I took it to Texas and its a differenstory t. Ill put it this way, when I received my 660 and 5100 I couldn't even start them they were so rich here compared to Tenessee.

Last edited:
I also think if my 395 with only the base gasket to increase compression pulls a bigger bar and still is a bit faster than a fully modded 660 it's ok in my book. Especially if its done by Mr. Mastermind.

I also think if my 395 with only the base gasket to increase compression pulls a bigger bar and still is a bit faster than a fully modded 660 it's ok in my book. Especially if its done by Mr. Mastermind.
Oh I'm sorry I thought that was a fully ported 395 .that explains a lot. Randy can build a hell of a saw.I believe he will be doing a 562 for me here soon.

Like I said.......it's tough to beat a 395XP. :)

Oh I'm sorry I thought that was a fully ported 395 .that explains a lot. Randy can build a hell of a saw.I believe he will be doing a 562 for me here soon.

He'll be receiving my 3120 when it comes in. But I'm pretty happy with my 395, I have a crappy compression tester and I know it's off but my 395 is blowing over 30 pounds less than my 660 on that gauge.

He'll be receiving my 3120 when it comes in. But I'm pretty happy with my 395, I have a crappy compression tester and I know it's off but my 395 is blowing over 30 pounds less than my 660 on that gauge.
That will be one hell of a saw when you get it back.

I know someone that is...Randy! I'm just saying that if Randy built it, it's a good saw. But a saw demonstrated over 7,000' is not going to demonstrate the way his saws typically run:rock: Randy, you can pay me later:)

Everyone talks about how thirsty these big saws are and I never really noticed it. But I think about it and say it can take 25% more gas there due to better air supply, I can't imagine it taking a quarter of my cutting time away for every tank. I see where they are thirsty down low.

I know someone that is...Randy! I'm just saying that if Randy built it, it's a good saw. But a saw demonstrated over 7,000' is not going to demonstrate the way his saws typically run:rock: Randy, you can pay me later:)
Are you talking about that damn chimp with a pistol. I wouldnt let him touch a saw I own. Whats up with this ported saw craz anyway? Just a fad I guess:msp_biggrin:

No kidding man! I've heard that chimp crashed a few parties, showing up with those bird legs distracting people while his mooberizers scare people

T-Bone

You know the old saying, "It pays to know someone." :popcorn:

Back