HD air filter for old 066..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
yes, it's the exact same filter same as your 460..

To convert you have to change the filter base and cover,... maybe a few other parts also... It's worth it. Much better filter, and you can just have a few clean prefilters in your pocket to snap on as required.

tek9tim

tek9tim

ArboristSite Guru
Anything prior to the plastic change to the current design should work. You could make the late model stuff work, but you'd have to replace more parts. Attached are pics of my old 066, and of my 660. Notice in the picture of the 066, how there are two pieces between the filter cover and the main shroud? One being the (in the case of my 066, aluminum) filter base, the other being the plastic carb housing. (for lack of a better term) On a 660, you can only see the carb housing, not the filter base, very much like on your 460. Just be sure to get the orange filter base and a cover, and you'll be set. Just be sure to get the little metal piece that goes up through the filter and has the stud for the cover nut on it, too.

tkemble

tkemble

ArboristSite Operative
The parts you want are for the older 066. Tek9tim has a picture of a current HD air filter set up. The HD system you need is the one with a orange plastic base and another peice for the top. Its a littel different then your ms 460. Its almost exactly like the older setups on the 044 and 046.
Travis

Latest posts