he traded up to a Wild Thing!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor calls his wild thing his "Big Saw". His other saw is an old xl-9. He about had a coronary when I put the 064 to work. i told him his xl-9 was twice the saw that wild thing was.

i cant stand to see good saws go to waste, the other day i was at school and the teacher told me to go put one of the old saws in the dumpster, a nice little husky 51, i said no i wouldn't do it, he said why not? i told him because it was already in my backpack. he laughed and told me not to get caught with it in the hallways.

MIke and 455rancher, yeah my dump is the same way. if you want it bad enough to go into the bin to get it you can have it. they wont say anything and they wont be upset if it comes back next week.

My neighbor calls his wild thing his "Big Saw". His other saw is an old xl-9. He about had a coronary when I put the 064 to work. i told him his xl-9 was twice the saw that wild thing was.

I have a neighbor with a Wild Thing that he thinks is a "big" saw. He honestly thinks any saw with an 18" bar will really cut through a 36" log. He wanted me to help him cut up some big oak and told me not to bring my PP330 and SXL-AO because he had a "big" saw.

County dumps here stopped letting people pic stuff because of arguments. A few would hang around all day to pic thru and be in they way. I agree with the recycling but it was becoming a problem. I have been known to cruise the city streets on trash day. I have a buddy that runs a trash truck 1 call and I know where all the easy wood in the city is.

I have a neighbor with a Wild Thing that he thinks is a "big" saw. He honestly thinks any saw with an 18" bar will really cut through a 36" log. He wanted me to help him cut up some big oak and told me not to bring my PP330 and SXL-AO because he had a "big" saw.

it seems to me a lot of folks don't consider a powerhead when defining saw size . . . they think an overly long bar constitutes a "big" saw. Worked with a guy building log homes . . .my uncle and i were using a 266xp and a 372xp both with 18 inch bars . . . this guy says he will bring his big saw out the next day . . . i was expecting an 066 or a 395 or something of the sort, this guy brings it the next day . . .turns out to be a 55 rancher with a 28 inch oregon power match bar :jawdrop: and very dull chain. the big saw did not seem to handle well, and its use was refused by all fellow workers when offered up

County dumps here stopped letting people pic stuff because of arguments. A few would hang around all day to pic thru and be in they way. I agree with the recycling but it was becoming a problem. I have been known to cruise the city streets on trash day. I have a buddy that runs a trash truck 1 call and I know where all the easy wood in the city is.

The wife and I are unabashed dumpster divers. I used to LOVE going to the dump as a kid but my dump is way too organized now. There's nothing left to pick through. They pretty much plow the stuff under right after you leave. Can you imagine how many knuckleheads pitched perfectly good chainsaws because they couldn't get them started?

Unnecessary carpet bombing.

Seriously, why would you think that the "green freaks" (whatever the heck THAT is) are responsible for following the man around making sure he doesn't remove anything from the landfill. I suspect its a liability issue.

Trying to keep lawn clippings out of a permanent landfill does not sound freakish to me. I think municipalities are making an effort to save their very expensive landfill capacity for things that ACTUALLY NEED to be thrown out. Since they will pass the cost of the next landfill on to you and will charge you in taxes to do so, you might want to make the connection that they are attempting to be smart on your behalf even if you don't "get it." What of ANY of this does not sound like a good idea?

Or will you just throw everything you can into the landfill and then complain about higher taxes? If you are too lazy to think past your own garbage can, I would refrain from criticizing others for at least TRYING to be decent, thoughtful humans. We all differ somewhat on exactly what should be done on environmental issues (you gotta love this country for that!), but there are some real "no brainers" out there. Not hucking everything you feel like into a landfill is one of them.

I'm no psychologist but I think you're mad about something else that happened to you that has predisposed you to imagining an enormous category of insane human call a "green freak." There are some out there, just like there are murderers, pedophiles, and quintuplets. To imagine that "green freaks" now run your landfill is poppycock. You should embrace good ideas even if they are not perfect instead of villifying imaginary foes to justify lazy behavior.

Was Ronald Reagan really a Contra? Of course not. He wanted to take the stigma out of the word "Contra" so that people would have the courage to act on their feelings as lovers of freedom. You don't have to be a "Contra" to feel like your freedom is worth fighting for. In the same way, you don't have to be a "green freak" just because you care about taking care of terra firma.

I'll add my apologies now as I'm sure some folks will be ticked off at my post. The "green freak" comment just rubbed me the wrong way. There are a lot of guys on here that think intelligently about what they do every day and not just about chainsaws. They shouldn't feel badly about thoughtful behavior because someone has imprinted the idea that its a "green freak" thing. We can all quibble about the details, but it is a good thing to try to make good choices.

I'll bet even Gary composts his lawn clippings :clap: :clap: . I dare you to call HIM a green freak!!

Steady on there Andre.......didn't mean to to cut a nerve. :cheers:

Now that you've had your beer..........

First of all, why would anyone throw a saw into the "landfill" when it can go to a metal recycler.
Second, "green freaks" is a term I use for the goat milk drinking, latte slurping, organic lettuce munching members of our current society who believe that they are so far superior than the rest of us.
Now I'm just a regular "joe", I composte(too lazy to haul it all to the dump), sort my cardboard and do all I can for the world I'm living in. BUT....where are these guys when tons of reusable items are thrown away in landfills every day??? .....Guess it's just too far from the quiet couches of the local starbucks or it not as fun as saving the damm seals.
And to let you know, from my local land fill I have saved 3 roto-tillers, 1-5000watt generator, 3 chainsaws, 300ft of underground cable, 1 truckmounted propane tank, 1 5gal air compressor, 1 walk-behind snow blower, 1 6ft desk(sits in our local fire hall) and about a half ton full of other odds and ends(the pickings here are at times ......good)

Hope this clears things up. No offense Andre:)
Drew
P.S. Hey Gary, so are you a Green Freak????

Steady on there Andre.......didn't mean to to cut a nerve. :cheers:

Hope this clears things up. No offense Andre:)
Drew
P.S. Hey Gary, so are you a Green Freak????

No biggie, Drew, now that I'm thinking of it, I believe I forgot to take my medications today. These guys have been putting up with my hot-headed ways for years. To their great and collective credit, they have shown remarkable restraint and have not yet keel-hauled me, even though I possibly have deserved it.

Yes, even Gary, with his plutonium powered chainsaws, has been quite tolerant.

:cheers:

Last edited:
He was the last great president you had, looking from the outside......:cheers:

You're right, and I hope we have a great one again sometime soon.

When I look at who's running now its just sad. Twins, two senators from the same ineffective, money wasting senate spouting the same junk with different names.

And by gawd, Ron Reagan wouldn't want a classic Jonsereds to end up in the dump

You boys act like he threw a Stihl away. It was only a old jred and he just bought a new cheaper jred to replace it.

hehe

And see here, I thought this thread was going to be about someone trading in a brand-new 260 for a used Wild Thing with a scored piston...

I gotcher hehe right here...

dump diving

Career dump diver here, when they closed the local land fill here some smart azz sent me sympathy card in the mail.

I had a nice time today, I broadcast a shout on Freecycle for firewood, scrap wood and pallets. I came back with four heavy pallets, two small trees and a bag of logs. It's been diced up and stacked, and I'm warming my scrounging arse by it as I type. I keep checking my inbox for " ... got an old beech tree, about 2' wide, been dead for a year, nothing nearby .. :D" sadly, as the price of gas has rocketed here everyone is ripping out gas fires and getting the wood in. Saws are expensive and wood is getting scarce.

To add insult to injury coal has gone up too. :censored:

Back