Headache rack plans.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazmat5760

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of plans for a home made headache rack for 1989 F250s? If all goes as planned, I'll be brining one home this weekend.

I know I could build side rails and have the headache built into that, but I don't really want rails at this time.

Thanks!

I'm working on designing one for my 99 3500 dodge, and one for my friends f150. Want to make one that is removable, yet still sturdy enough to take a hit and not blow out the back window. Once I figure out a mounting system, and transfer the blueprints to something more readable instead of napkins and scratch paper doodled up in the man cave, I'll scan them and post them. Should be easy enough to modify from dodge dimensions to ford. (Most likely will just be altering the line of the rack to match the shape of the cab, or enlarging it from the f150 dimensions)

I bought one for my '05 Dodge, i think its a Tough Country. The rack came with about 20" worth of rail and since it would end about in the middle of my toolbox, i decided to put 6 more feet of 3x3 angle on there to help protect my bed rails. My toolbox really protects my window from being broke out, but the rack is more for hauling ladders, long lumber, etc. I do love it.
Let me know if you want measurments or anything
SANY0530.jpg

Measurements would be great, if you have time. I may not build a rack very soon though. I have either a rod knock or a wrist pin knocking.:(

A head ache rack is a good idea, every year I see someone with a pick up with the back window broken out from hauling wood.

Latest posts

Back