hearthstone beenigton wood stove?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlh29

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have had this stove for 6 yrs, am wondering if others have same? Or have had similar issues.
In 6 yrs, replaced gaskets, a front door, both glass inserts as they burst, one side panel as legs had a crack and fell off during installation, the interanl baffel/ fireboard fell out in first month etc etc
Tonight I get an email ( ad mil currently deployed to OEF) from my wife letting me know the side door fell off and broke her toe( literally) as the hinge pin area on the door and side fell apart. This renders the stove useless so I have to rely on furnace
I have over 3000 in this stove( not including replacement parts and time) am in need of parts of a better solution

Heat 2500 sq or more
burn wood all day in winter months in northern NY

Any suggestions on replacement parts/ fixes thanks

Sounds like it's time to cut your losses and get a better stove or furnace..I mean how can you stop failures on something like this???
1 thing I'd point out...with the size home you have you may be over working that appliance?

I have had this stove for 6 yrs, am wondering if others have same? Or have had similar issues.
In 6 yrs, replaced gaskets, a front door, both glass inserts as they burst, one side panel as legs had a crack and fell off during installation, the interanl baffel/ fireboard fell out in first month etc etc
Tonight I get an email ( ad mil currently deployed to OEF) from my wife letting me know the side door fell off and broke her toe( literally) as the hinge pin area on the door and side fell apart. This renders the stove useless so I have to rely on furnace
I have over 3000 in this stove( not including replacement parts and time) am in need of parts of a better solution

Heat 2500 sq or more
burn wood all day in winter months in northern NY

Any suggestions on replacement parts/ fixes thanks

Yea you will have to get a new stove...
...no point in trying to save this.

I agree that you may be over working it.
Stoves are meant to be room heaters, not whole house heaters.
That being said, thank you for your service, I'm in NY if there is anything I can do. PM me for my addy if I can help in any way.
dave

Back