Heat-n-glo Northstar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmax

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have one? Here's the deal...mine was new '07, started running it oh say Nov. I ran the fan's constantly, for I burned alot of wood.
In the last couple wks, the fans started making a familiar metal-making sound, and getting noisy. Last night I have shut it off until I get to the fans to see what the hell is going on. It could possibly be a restriction from debris...I don't know yet.
What I'm doing with this thread, is to keep whoevers interested in this unit, watching until I resolve the issue. Whether it be restiction or fan replacement, I would imagine the company will get involved. If it's the fan, these little squirrel cage blowers shouldn't fail for years...not for a $3600 F/P. Stay tuned.

same problem

I see you posted this a while ago but I just got done pulling mine apart. be under heavy use over the past five years. im hearing the same metal sound you are. I have found its not debris. im pretty sure some barings are gone inside. im actually looking right now to see if I should just do both fan units or just the one making the noise....im seeing prices from 100 to 179 oem

I see you posted this a while ago but I just got done pulling mine apart. be under heavy use over the past five years. im hearing the same metal sound you are. I have found its not debris. im pretty sure some barings are gone inside. im actually looking right now to see if I should just do both fan units or just the one making the noise....im seeing prices from 100 to 179 oem
Do yourself a favor and make damn sure to buy the exact model that came out from the dealer...and not this knock off...
Replacement Fireplace Fan Blower Heat N Glo | eBay
If you see anything to do with a 160 as in the part number, it is a cheap assed substiture with plastic shields and slower fans. I bought this part number from a motor warehouse (luckly not ebay) and I was able to return to them. The part number of the fan assy, is the ones you want despite the cost and I'm affraid they are not cheap. Mine are used regularly (heavy) in the winter and I'm getting maybe 3 yrs outta a pair. I made an ash collector for the front of mine doors and has helped BIG time keeping the ash from being sucked in through the front, which has played a large part of the fan failures. I'd suggest both fans. I did get my last set from a fireplace Ebay dealer, and only with thoroughly talking with them on the phone. I save maybe $50 over the dealer...and at this point...I'd say it was not worth the effort.
Good luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back