Heated Handgrips......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kunes

The Kid
Reaction score
Does anyone have a saw with these? i can't see the point where your hands would get that cold.. especially cause your usually working pretty hard when operating a chainsaw..

Does anyone have a saw with these? i can't see the point where your hands would get that cold.. especially cause your usually working pretty hard when operating a chainsaw..

The way I understand it, the heated grips are especially nice if you have semi-poor circulation in your hands. Also, on the older saws, with less Anti-vibration protection, it was nice for the same reason.

I had it on a few saws, but sold the last one with it last fall. Too small for me. I sure liked it when my hands got wet through the gloves.

both my Dolmars have heatand it sure does help when it's below 0 F. my hands don't stay warm on their own like they use to:(

Your young and full of P$$$ and vinegar plus you really do not live in a cold climate. I cut today in a White Out granted it was only 24f outside but them heated handles are nice.

there are colder places on earth than new hampshire.
here in northern saskatchewan they are very common and you see them on about 40% of saws. it gets cold here in the winter and ill cut wood often at -45c. your left hand damn near freezes solid holding on to that handle bar.
workin hard wont keep you warm here. you need that little bit extra to be comfortable.

here in northern saskatchewan they are very common and you see them on about 40% of saws. it gets cold here in the winter and ill cut wood often at -45c. your left hand damn near freezes solid holding on to that handle bar.
workin hard wont keep you warm here. you need that little bit extra to be comfortable.
+1 Normally we get the Chinooks but not this year or at least on my day's off, Got's to remember how young the op is. He just wont be bothered by the cold I new when I was young the cold never bothered me I could spend all day playing pond hockey in -20c Now I would last a hour or two then go get a hot Buttered Rum.
P.S I think are crap weather is heading East!

i wasn't saying new hampshire is the coldest place on earth altough it's the windiest proven fact. im just saying -20 is cold.

i wasn't saying new hampshire is the coldest place on earth altough it's the windiest proven fact. im just saying -20 is cold.
It is but I still think I would be winderier is that a word?lol
wait till you get older the cold does bother you more or at least I find it does. I don't like the feeling of really thick warm gloves when using a saw so heated handles are great and it hurts me to say this but it is the only thing Stihl got right! I am constantly flipping the switch on and off my Jred, I guess a hotter saw means hotter handles?:popcorn:

Sometimes the weather serves up a dish that makes heated handles seem real nice.

They let you wear thinner gloves and that gives you better control of the saw; this is safer.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back