Heatmor anode rod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick2752

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone ever changed their Heatmor anode rod? I took the plug off the top and there is another threaded rod type thing inside. Looks like I broke something like it was welded into the plug. Does the rest thread out or just pull up? I bought it used and figured it hadnt been changed in 8yrs so thought it might be time.

on mine you unthread the top cap and pull straight up ist long about 3 feet+/- dont let that suprise you. the one that came with it was a solid one peice, but they changed that because the water isnt that high and they were wasting now they dangle the rod 6" or so in. I change mine every other year but thats my own falt I am right now in the process of treatng my water that will help for what I have been told.

So when I took off the top cap there where shiny like aluminum threads inside, it seems loose to wobble around but I put vice grips on it and pulled up and it didnt move. Am i missing something or do I just need to put more uumph in it.

you shouldnt have too pull that hard, all thats holding the anode rod is a
3/4ish pipe plug then they have it threaded onto a little peice of anode then a cable is in between about 4 inches ling holding the main anode. It could be that your anode is corroded so much that is wont fit threw. Give it another try, shine a light down there to see whats going on you may have to use a little more force it will come out. My firs one i changed was a bugger it was corroded bad and didnt fit but that stuff crumbles when you lift it out.

Latest posts

Back