Hello and thank you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greener acres

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all, been lurking around for awhile trying to figure out the perfect chainsaw for my needs. Obviously, the perfect one is several different ones, but I still took the plunge on a MS260 pro with an 18" bar after checking out the recommendations of many on this site. I was going to go with the 270 but after holding the two, I preferred the weight and balance of the 260 plus I'd used a 192 of an arborist friend of mine and really liked the pro quality and feel of it. I would have liked to get the 361 but couldn't justify the cost to the wife. I guess that one will have to wait a bit longer as I'm sure I'll ultimately want two at some point. Unfortunately I'll have to wait for the weekend to try her out. In the meantime I'll check out the DVD on safety they gave me and, yes, I did get some chaps. I'm really hoping to get my arborist friend over as well to give me some pointers to keep me safe and to get my technique up to snuff. Love the site.

welcome to the site mate, i'm sure it will serve you well! :) now get modding it!!!!!!

Congrats on the new saw. BTW, the 192 is far from a pro saw. It has the cheapest construction of any saw Stihl sells. They only give it a pro designation since it has the top handle. The 270 is of much better construction than the 192. This here is a good example of how marketing affects people. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Welcome, you will really like that saw. :clap:

Hey tbuggle, Close to Harrisonburg, VA. Was down your way 'bout a year ago, ate at the Mellow Mushroom then went on to Cherokee and returned home through eastern Tennessee. Your area has changed a lot since I was last there about six years ago, it just keeps growing and growing... Still pretty, though.

I know what you mean about the boss laying down the line...Mine told me "I'll quit buying new cloths when you quit buying chainsaws!" You guessed it, I'm a happy man, I win both ways. LOL

:greenchainsaw:

...Carl

you're a smart man. i don't say anything about her shopping, she returns the favor. she didn't say a word when i told her i was driving 170 miles, one way, to buy 28 saws! i drove her 2 hrs yesterday so that she could shop until she dropped. the son and i just sat and watched the people. helps to keep the peace.

once you get that second or third saw, you are past the hard part and she won't know the difference as long as you keep the same color scheme!!!! that or bribes......lots of clothes.

Hey all, been lurking around for awhile trying to figure out the perfect chainsaw for my needs. Obviously, the perfect one is several different ones, but I still took the plunge on a MS260 pro with an 18" bar after checking out the recommendations of many on this site. I was going to go with the 270 but after holding the two, I preferred the weight and balance of the 260 plus I'd used a 192 of an arborist friend of mine and really liked the pro quality and feel of it. I would have liked to get the 361 but couldn't justify the cost to the wife. I guess that one will have to wait a bit longer as I'm sure I'll ultimately want two at some point. Unfortunately I'll have to wait for the weekend to try her out. In the meantime I'll check out the DVD on safety they gave me and, yes, I did get some chaps. I'm really hoping to get my arborist friend over as well to give me some pointers to keep me safe and to get my technique up to snuff. Love the site.
Congrats, you're going about it the right way. Welcome to the site, you'll find lots of good people here and lots of good advice. By the way you are beginning to display symptoms of a disease shared by everyone here known as CAD. There is no known cure so treat the pain through multiple chainsaw purchases at least two yearly. Repeat as necessary.
It really would be cheaper to smoke crack!:hmm3grin2orange:

Congrats on the new saw. BTW, the 192 is far from a pro saw. It has the cheapest construction of any saw Stihl sells. They only give it a pro designation since it has the top handle. The 270 is of much better construction than the 192. This here is a good example of how marketing affects people. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Sure! :agree2:

Welcome,
Tried and True it will last a long time if you take care of it. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back