Hello from the Oregon Coast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gvan

Reaction score
So far I've found a ton of great info on this site, so thanks for that.

I've owned a nice little 028WB for a few years and, after rebuilding the carb, it's been a great little saw for around the property stuff.

I wanted a little bigger saw to compliment the 028WB for tackling larger firewood logs on the property and falling a few trees. After a bit of research, I narrowed my search down specifically to an 044 mag / 440 mag or a 372xp pre-X-Torq.
Patience paid off and yesterday I picked up a really clean, very low-use 372xp pre-X-Torq for a fair price. It is so clean, I was worried it was a knock-off, but happy to say it's the real deal. 2002 model year, 28-inch bar, full-wrap handle.

Looking forward to putting it to work and stacking some wood. I've got the matching outer dog on order. May do a muffler mod and eventually a port, but only because I cannot leave anything alone.

Cheers all,
G

photo_2022-09-12_17-22-17.jpg

photo_2022-09-12_17-22-23.jpg

So far I've found a ton of great info on this site, so thanks for that.

I've owned a nice little 028WB for a few years and, after rebuilding the carb, it's been a great little saw for around the property stuff.

I wanted a little bigger saw to compliment the 028WB for tackling larger firewood logs on the property and falling a few trees. After a bit of research, I narrowed my search down specifically to an 044 mag / 440 mag or a 372xp pre-X-Torq.
Patience paid off and yesterday I picked up a really clean, very low-use 372xp pre-X-Torq for a fair price. It is so clean, I was worried it was a knock-off, but happy to say it's the real deal. 2002 model year, 28-inch bar, full-wrap handle.

Looking forward to putting it to work and stacking some wood. I've got the matching outer dog on order. May do a muffler mod and eventually a port, but only because I cannot leave anything alone.

Cheers all,
G

View attachment 1016817

View attachment 1016818
I was kind of in your situation, also looking for a 044 or 372. Also picked one up (1999 372xp) although not nearly as good looking as yours, with full wrap, no bar and chain. I'm just looking for any minor cleanup items or spare parts I should keep around. I'll clean it up, put a bar and chain on it, and post some pictures. I assume the usual, extra plug, spare bar nuts, air filter, carb kit maybe if it give me trouble. Congrats, nice to be in the big saw club.

Back