Hello from upstate New York

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hman0217

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just joined today. We're based in New York state. We have a home on a smaller lot (<3 acres) and we also have some vacant land (7.5 acres) up the mountain further out into the sticks and amongst hundreds of acres of state land. I'm strongly drawn to staking down in the more-country setting but the boss likes her close-by village so for now the latter property is gonna be an apiary and food plots for deer season.

So I'm cutting trees and also trying to help some grow so thus my joining this site.

Looking forward to sharing all your knowledge

Hi everyone

Just joined today. We're based in New York state. We have a home on a smaller lot (<3 acres) and we also have some vacant land (7.5 acres) up the mountain further out into the sticks and amongst hundreds of acres of state land. I'm strongly drawn to staking down in the more-country setting but the boss likes her close-by village so for now the latter property is gonna be an apiary and food plots for deer season.

So I'm cutting trees and also trying to help some grow so thus my joining this site.

Looking forward to sharing all your knowledge
Welcome from the western side of your state. You're gonna be amazed at the collective knowledge here. My interests lie in the historical value of these saws plus my family were loggers in Northern PA in the years just before WWI...must be in my blood.

My opinion would be north of NYC, south of Canada, east of the Finger Lakes
Not sure where I am at times in the last couple days I have seen at least five of the finger lakes. and as someone who has lived in the Finger Lakes area for over 70 year I always get a kick out of someone who says they live "Upstate" only to find they are maybe 30 miles north of the last subway station out of the city!!

Not sure where I am at times in the last couple days I have seen at least five of the finger lakes. and as someone who has lived in the Finger Lakes area for over 70 year I always get a kick out of someone who says they live "Upstate" only to find they are maybe 30 miles north of the last subway station out of the city!!
Yeah, I grew up in a little village outside of Watkins Glen. I try to bite my tongue around down-state/up-staters. We all need a little slack, sometimes. lol

Hello to all the New York chainsaw crazies; upstate, downstate, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, western, etc., etc. I am in southern Erie County...definitely western NY.

Yeah, I grew up in a little village outside of Watkins Glen. I try to bite my tongue around down-state/up-staters. We all need a little slack, sometimes. lol
Well we rode down to Hammondsport for lunch tuesday.

Ah, my hands-down favorite village in all of New York. We stay above the tavern a couple times a year and help the local economy with our visits to the Irish pub.

Ah, my hands-down favorite village in all of New York. We stay above the tavern a couple times a year and help the local economy with our visits to the Irish pub.
I think the place we ate at was Burgers and Beer of Hammondsport. Must be all the tourists around there eat late lunches. When we got the maybe a little afternoon no one in line and only a couple tables with anyone at them. By the time we got or food and ate the line was almost out the front door.

Latest posts

Back