hello I'm New

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Välkommen, granne! En jävel från den andra sidan av viken är jag.

I see you've got the gear. What's the story?

Sam

Tack Sam. Gear see most new saw replaced my old ones 357 an 346 replaced with new 560xp an my old 575 is replaced with newer 576 model we dont have very big trees in sweden but always gud have spares Stihl saws use at around home also have old 355 forestrey clearing saw. all 355fx , 576 , 560 are for logging sometimes use 560 for firewood gets cold in winter.

Skol Slowp!

LOL Humptulips

Ja will do 2dog :)

Hi Steve . It gets cold here too . Have u had any troubles with the 576 ? Do u have heated handle bars on it ?
How deep is the snow . Are u on the coasdt or inland ?????????????

No had no problems with my 576 Tramp. Yes have got heated handle bars. Right now is 18cm snow. I live at Norrland not in costline im from inland.

Landsinn thank you.

No had no problems with my 576 Tramp. Yes have got heated handle bars. Right now is 18cm snow. I live at Norrland not in costline im from inland.

Landsinn thank you.

Steve, let me take a wild guess. Norrland is quite a big piece of ground. But... as you said before, you'll need the stihls at home if it gets cold in winter. North from Mora there would be no if's, I suppose. Gästriksland?

Does the heated handle bar model have a hot wire in the carb. ? What length bar do u use on it

What brand chain ?

any model that is XPG has heated bars that connected with carbator provide heat to the handle bars. 576 have a 20" to 24" trewwa in sweden are not that big is rare find bigger trees an on my 560 have a 15". Chan i use for 576 3/8 1.3mm .050 80 Husqvarna they work just fine out in the forest.

What is trewwa ? How do u like the Husky brand chain . How does it hold up compared to Oregon or Stihl ?

Sorry miss spelled my english not so good. what mean was trees not trewwa. Sorry about that.

well never used a Oregon bar or chain always have used Husqvarna bars an chains an Sthil. the Husqvarna bars an chain are very well never had any problems with them many years i have on my saws. Sthil saws are also very good all around saws too never had any problems noticed.. idea keep up with takeing care the saws an saws take care of you an know when saws need serviceing ever 100 or 150 hours working in the forest or in Logging.

really do like Husqvarna an Sthils are great saws top the line. :)

Reason I ask about the Husky chain is a hardeare syore here csrrirs some pre made loops of Husky chain . Full comp 50 ga. 3/8 chisel bit . . The Oregon chain they carry , 72V I have to modify to get it to cut half decent.
I was thinking about trying some . . ????????

Ya , the 72v isn't the greatest . But I use a Drenil with a cutting wheel abd cut the rounded part off the deoth guage so it looks by and large like a regular dg . It cuts pretty good after that . The Husky chain looks good as is . I have 2 pretty good 50 ga bars . I just buy 50 ga chain local as these are bars I've had for new I only buy 63 ga.

Back