Hello

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmarinekurt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well i finally made it here.
I cut about 20 cords a year and do some bucking etc. cut alot of wood after the storm blew through CT
My collection consists:
MS200
MS270 for sale
MS261
MS192T
372XP
131 pruner.

I am addicted to saws.
My 200 is new and it is really my baby. I have never modded a saw. This is one Id like to.
I need info related specifically to this saw only from knowledgable people.
Know in advance I am an over analyzer.

Thanks

Well i finally made it here.
I cut about 20 cords a year and do some bucking etc. cut alot of wood after the storm blew through CT
My collection consists:
MS200
MS270 for sale
MS261
MS192T
372XP
131 pruner.

I am addicted to saws.
My 200 is new and it is really my baby. I have never modded a saw. This is one Id like to.
I need info related specifically to this saw only from knowledgable people.
Know in advance I am an over analyzer.

Thanks

The only mod it needs is the screen out of the muffler.The ports are high performance from the factory.Only other thing you can do is raise the compression a bit by going without a cyl base gasket but you need to measure the squish so no engine damage occurs.

Lone Wolf is most likely correct (I don't know myself but he seems to make sense) but if you post that same info on the chainsaw forum you will get even more great knowledge and wisdom. Who is able to move it over there for him?

Welcome to the site! I notice your user name says usmarine so I'm assuming you are or have been in the service, thanks for serving! Rep sent.

Thanks gents.
Yes i served and gladly.would again.
I guess what i am looking.for is how many holes to drill what size and wherr

Think.of how you.would explain it.to a 4 year.old then make it 75% simpler

The only mod it needs is the screen out of the muffler.The ports are high performance from the factory.Only other thing you can do is raise the compression a bit by going without a cyl base gasket but you need to measure the squish so no engine damage occurs.

just.remove.the.screen?

Will that actually make a worth while improvement?

Ok and leave an open hole?

Im on it tomorrow. Gonna use a drill bit unless someone recommends somethimg bettrr

I am assuming it it the Torx head screw and the screen thing slides out with several holes in it? Accesable from outside of the saw

It's a stratified charge engine, I don't own one.

Repost in chainsaws, this is more of a "hi have a tree with black leaves and is on fire what should I do?" forum

It's a stratified charge engine, I don't own one.

Repost in chainsaws, this is more of a "hi have a tree with black leaves and is on fire what should I do?" forum

i removed one like that not so long ago, big old silver maple, lightning and the hollow caught fire, basement savers... i mean the fire dept put it out, i cut it down

Hahaha troy, I got a job for removing these 5 pine trees that were half burnt up, but still alive and reasonably safe, I bid the job for a 6 hour job with 3 guys, little low but still profitable.

Later I found out the next lowest bid was more than doubled what mine was. I just didn't see what justified the high prices, they were in a row, climbed two opened up a gap big enough to flop the next 3. Even had one of the guys go get us a pizza we were making such good time.

That burnt up pitch has never come out of my arborwear shirt though.

Back