Hello

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An Cladach

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and make a brief introduction. I enjoy and have an interest in forestry work despite being old and passed my use by date. I got into forestry late in life; started out planting trees, undertaking site surveys, did a bit of deer fencing and occasionally operating chainsaws. Always enjoyed running saws and wish I could have done/learned more. Life moved on and now I’m in a different job in a different country and missing my old lifestyle. I’m missing the outdoors mainly, the scenery and the cameraderie. I was fortunate to work with some great people. Now considering whether or not it’s too late to pursue tree work and maybe even get a bit of climbing under my belt (I’m fast approaching 50). I’m probably not going to be chasing a full time career at this point but I’ll be happy to just try it out and maybe do the occasional job for the sake of my own satisfaction and to keep me feeling young 😂

I’m looking for a beginners arborist course in north Florida so if anyone has any first hand recommendations I would be super glad to hear from them.

Just wanted to say hello and make a brief introduction. I enjoy and have an interest in forestry work despite being old and passed my use by date. I got into forestry late in life; started out planting trees, undertaking site surveys, did a bit of deer fencing and occasionally operating chainsaws. Always enjoyed running saws and wish I could have done/learned more. Life moved on and now I’m in a different job in a different country and missing my old lifestyle. I’m missing the outdoors mainly, the scenery and the cameraderie. I was fortunate to work with some great people. Now considering whether or not it’s too late to pursue tree work and maybe even get a bit of climbing under my belt (I’m fast approaching 50). I’m probably not going to be chasing a full time career at this point but I’ll be happy to just try it out and maybe do the occasional job for the sake of my own satisfaction and to keep me feeling young 😂

I’m looking for a beginners arborist course in north Florida so if anyone has any first hand recommendations I would be super glad to hear from them.
Welcome! I just wanted to give you your first Like! hope you get many more...

sad to say, with Idalia passing thru there may be some new classes being offered. where are you now?

Welcome! I just wanted to give you your first Like! hope you get many more...

sad to say, with Idalia passing thru there may be some new classes being offered. where are you now?
Thanks! I’m in Jacksonville. We seem to have been spared the worst from what I’ve seen so far.

Back