Help finding sources of non ethanol gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orange Hill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After rebuilding most of my saws carbs in the last two years I want to find an inexpensive source of non ethanol gas. I am about 25 miles from Laguna Seca and they do have Sunoco offroad 89 octane unleaded gas for about $8 a gallon last time I was there, 112 leaded race gas is the same price?!? I tried going to a local airport to get 100ll avgas but that place is secured like Ft Knox. So what other options do I have outside of $8 a gallon gas?

If you're still considering Av-GAS, try a different airport. Some of the smaller ones have 24/7 self serve pumps. You can also buy it by the barrel if there's a bulk distributor in your area.

gps app on my phone has an airport finder thing and if your at a marina ask about the gas first ive seen them selling ethenol on the water...

the 100ll is the way to go

I've got a link, man. I put it in my signature, I think it is just a directory and not a business or a non sponsor entity. A lot of guys are finding 93 octane fuel there.

Whoa, Packer Jr. already had the link. Those are sources of legal fuel.

I'd be cautious runnin' leaded fuel in 'em. Many thangs are known by the state of Cali Fornia to cause birth defects in tree frogs and endangered turtles.

I looked at the link and the nearest is 200 or so miles away, but thanks anyway. I will see if I can get in at the Marina airport. Funny how it costs so much more not to get something added to the gas. The joys of CA.

Out here in farm country we still only have one pump with ethanol. The next two are standard pump gas, next is race gas, (Turbo Blue/Camm2) the is one for non-road diesel, after that is road-use diesel, and the last is kerosene,

Bill

Out here in farm country we still only have one pump with ethanol. The next two are standard pump gas, next is race gas, (Turbo Blue/Camm2) the is one for non-road diesel, after that is road-use diesel, and the last is kerosene,

Bill

We should all be so lucky...

Bill

same here

I live about 2 hours away for you and I found it easy to get av-gas. Its not illegal to buy at the airport but it helps if it says av-gas on your gas can and its for an "ultralight" that's in your shop. I called the fuel supplier at the local airport and they were actually helpful. I now have a gate code and easy access. The tail number to enter at the pumps for the engine or ultralight in the shop is N0000. You can see some of my posts if you search 100ll or av-gas.

You can try separating it out. There have been posts here on the process, relatively easy in theory. Add more water to the ethanol gas. It will separate into two levels then, water/alky at the bottom, the pure gas at the top. Drain off the bottom layer,or siphon/por off the top layer, whatever works. Obviously you need a container suitable to see these levels. I haven't done it myself, but it seems doable. Maybe an old glass fishtank might work??

Check with your local fuel distribitors. Mine used to fill a 55g drum (they frowned on filling 5g cans) with 100LL back in my boat racing days. Local go-fasters should be able to steer you in the right direction for whatever fuel you choose to run.

To follow up on the customer is always right comment there's a local store that has one non-ethanol pump due solely to customer demand. Store owner states that as long as it sells he'll provide it.

Good Luck, Keith

On the airport option find one with no tower. Then go there at 4am, they have to leave it open from the runway to the street in case someone lands. Its not going to be obvious but its and easy way to get to public pumps to legally buy av gas without being asked questions.

I looked at the link and the nearest is 200 or so miles away, but thanks anyway. I will see if I can get in at the Marina airport. Funny how it costs so much more not to get something added to the gas. The joys of CA.

Ca is your problem.

Around here all Conoco stations have no ethanol in their 91 octane. Most have no signs, so I had to start asking to find out.

For the members in NE OHIO I've been hearing adds on the radio for a place called Ravanna Oil thats been saying have gas with no ethanol for small engines . I called to see if they had a location closer to me ,she said no, may have to make a road trip . What is the shelf life of non e gas ? I have the phone # if you want it PM me .

Back