Help! Looking for a laser measuring attachment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy a 2n1 if they become available here. I think it's kind of reasonable at €40 or so.

I just use the bar as a measure. An 18" bar makes a good measure for 16" firewood, or close enough for my stove anyway. If the bar is longer (like my 24") I just use one of the letters on it or something as a mark. Also I used to cut some firewood for an outdoor wood furnace, it accepted up to 36" logs, so I just used the whole length of a saw and bar as a measure, close enough. They might have been an inch or so off of what I wanted, but they were always consistent measurements.

Old threads never die.

A laser for cutting firewood - seriously? That's just wrong. Besides, what if it accidentally shines at a helicopter?

Sorry didn't intend to spark up an old thread. When I responded I was half asleep and didn't realize it was an old thread until I had already made the post but maybe someone will find it interesting that stihl is making a laser for a saw...

Sorry didn't intend to spark up an old thread. When I responded I was half asleep and didn't realize it was an old thread until I had already made the post but maybe someone will find it interesting that stihl is making a laser for a saw...

I've seen the Stihl one and it mounts to your saw handle. You can then adjust it to line up cuts at different lengths. Personally I think they're a gimmick as they're only designed for firewood cutters, not production timber.

Notice that Stihl only list them for homeowner model saws...

http://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Products/Hand-Tools/Forestry-Tools/22021-1665/Laser-2-in-1.aspx

I've seen the Stihl one and it mounts to your saw handle. You can then adjust it to line up cuts at different lengths. Personally I think they're a gimmick as they're only designed for firewood cutters, not production timber.

Notice that Stihl only list them for homeowner model saws...

http://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Products/Hand-Tools/Forestry-Tools/22021-1665/Laser-2-in-1.aspx
I don't know anything about them just saw that they offered them. It may work OK but seems unnecessary to me.

Back