Help!! Milky Water contaminated hydraulic fliud

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats NOT a 8" cylinder.................. Maybe 6"??????

attachment.php

Scott

Thats NOT a 8" cylinder.................. Maybe 6"??????

attachment.php

Scott

This cylinder has 1'' ports, sticking a tape measure in one of the ports to the bottom of the barrel measures exactly 8'' until the bottom of the port. Unless you are supposed to subtract 2" or something I would say its a 8" bore cylinder. Its much bigger and heavier than it looks.

The holes on the end are for a hook / spanner wrench. Looks like the plug just unthreads from the barrel. Chain wrench, large pipe wrench etc should work for taking it apart. That is a good quality cyinder. No tie rod bs there.
Ken

The holes on the end are for a hook / spanner wrench. Looks like the plug just unthreads from the barrel. Chain wrench, large pipe wrench etc should work for taking it apart. That is a good quality cyinder. No tie rod bs there.
Ken

Thanx, Ken. I will try that. I am thinking of just repacking it anyway when I take it apart. I need to find a large hydraulic tank. The largest northern makes is 25 gallon, I dont think that will be large enough b/c when the cylinder is full it holds 8 gallons of oil which is almost 1/3 capacity of the tank.

I am hoping to have the splitter up and going for this up coming winter

Latest posts

Back