Help, need help with old poulan saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralawler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I decided to try to get the oiler working on my xxv micro one more time.
does any one know about the pressurized chain oiler. Where can I get pictures. I ain't doin sumpin right:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Oiler failure on these saws is almost always due to one of two causes. Either the rubber check valve in the fitting that passes crankcase pressure pulses to the oil tank is bad, or else the line in the oil tank that carries oil from the oil pick-up filter to the bar is broken. With the oil tank empty, shine a light into the tank to inspect this oil line while you touch it with something to see if it is sound. The fitting with the check valve is located just above and forward of the clutch. It can be removed with a 1/2" box end. put a piece of tubing on the threaded end and test it. Air should be allowed to pass outward toward the hex end, and it should also hold a vacuum on the threaded end. Do a search on this. I went over this in detail a couple months ago.

sorry about the no responce back then. saw has been sitting for awhile due to the fact I had no work for it. I am still planning on buying a 192t to replace it. But I would like to get it working again. I think the check valve will be the problem. as bar oil is ibelieve leaking back into the crankcase. Saw smokes badlly when you frist crank it. smells like burn't motor oil. I've had a lot of help from this form and my stihls run top notch. I really thank everyone.
AL

hey ralawler

if you need any parts for that older saw let me know cause i may have it
i have not been on in a few days cause of 2007 taxes i still have to get done so if you need anything for that feel free to contact me thanks
calvin

Back