Help on Husky part identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
I have a bunch of used Husqvarna saw parts here that I am not sure what they fit. There are tanks, handlebars, covers, brake handles/clutch covers, etc. Most are at least 20 years old pulled from parts saws. I am not sure what they fit. I will eventually put most in the trading post but of course proper identification is key. I think the tank is from a 272 or similar. The stamped number is 5016991. The handlebar I am not sure on. I do not see a number on it other than on the plastic piece at the bottom and that is 5035863. What do you think?H1.JPGH2.JPGT1.JPGT2.JPGT3.JPG

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
If that full wrap handle is for 266 series. It has some decent value for it
I am thinking the handle came off my 272 that I bought years ago. I was frustrated with the difficulty of pulling the bar cover off to change chains. I put a 1/2 wrap on it. That 272 is long since retired to the shelf so I should probably put it back the way it was new. I dug out some more parts tonight to ID.

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Somehow I deleted my own post. This is a couple top covers. M773 and 503406001 The smaller one says 40cc and I think the other is off a 272 but I am not sure.Top Cover 1.JPGTop cover 2.JPGTop cover 3.JPGtop cover 4.JPGTop cover 5.JPGTop cover 6.JPG

Bob Hedgecutter

Bob Hedgecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Bill, post #8 top covers- the smaller looks to be 36-142 consumer grade clamshell type- you mention 40cc so guess around 142?
The other cover is a 268/272 type as they were the only ones to have the round air duct tube on the left hand side.

Post #9 looks to be a 281/288 clutch cover- but in my eyes the brake flag is incorrect- however I am no expert and early models for other than my home market may well have had different flags. However I could use this one if you send it over for free :p

Post #10 looks to be 40-45 , will do some service manual checks and get back to that one.

Post #11 I am leaning towards 44 or 444 but will get back to that one.

Woodslasher

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
. AS Supporting Member.
Bill, post #8 top covers- the smaller looks to be 36-142 consumer grade clamshell type- you mention 40cc so guess around 142?
The other cover is a 268/272 type as they were the only ones to have the round air duct tube on the left hand side.

Post #9 looks to be a 281/288 clutch cover- but in my eyes the brake flag is incorrect- however I am no expert and early models for other than my home market may well have had different flags. However I could use this one if you send it over for free :p

Post #10 looks to be 40-45 , will do some service manual checks and get back to that one.

Post #11 I am leaning towards 44 or 444 but will get back to that one.
I'd say #9 is a 272 cover, 288 has the upper rear corner clipped off of the sticker area.

Latest posts