Help pricing a Stihl ms390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWhiteLotus

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So i picked up a Stihl ms390 about a year ago because it was a hell of a deal. Recently, ive found it doesnt get that much attention any more and im interested in listing it on locally on Craigslist/marketplace. The saw is well taken care of and serviced every year or two before i purchased it. I still have the owners manual and orange carrying case for it as well. So I was curious what everyone thinks is a fair price if i list it....ive seen some anywhere from $240-320 but figured id ask all of you.

Thanks a bunch

Attachments

• 20200617_145811.jpg
    20200617_145811.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 20200617_145926.jpg
    20200617_145926.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 23
$250 shipped might work, depending on condition. Some criticize this saw as a gas-slurping MS 290 that can pull a 20" bar. They do have a half horse or so more power than a 290. So, your net would be about $210 after you cover the shipping cost and tax. Good luck!

I am only looking to sell it locally...definitely would prefer not to ship it. I havent really used it too much and I picked up a cs590 timberwolf brand new for $200 recently and fixed up the ms441c i had so I figure i can let go of this one. Perhaps ill toss it up for $250 and see if anyone locally is interested and go from there! I can always lower the price! Thanks!

I am only looking to sell it locally...definitely would prefer not to ship it. I havent really used it too much and I picked up a cs590 timberwolf brand new for $200 recently and fixed up the ms441c i had so I figure i can let go of this one. Perhaps ill toss it up for $250 and see if anyone locally is interested and go from there! I can always lower the price! Thanks!

I would ask $300 and take $250. Someone is getting a good deal at that price if the saw is in good shape.

Around here I'd start at $400 OBO and expect to get near that. The $200 screaming deals I see people post just don't exist out here.

Edit: Checked local pricing, would go $400 OBO or $300 firm.

Listed it for $300 and got about 20 inquiries...got full price! Probably could have got more, but im not the type to take down a listing to post it for a higher price.

Good deal.

Like I said, $400 would not be unreasonable around here.

Any of you sell a freezer recently? Sold a small 30 year old beat up rusty upright in ugly but functional condition for $200 recently. That was 2x what we thought was a reasonable price, but we had 8 responses within half an hour after posting and it was gone in less than an hour.

Yeah, I bet that saw could've easily gone north of $300 here, especially with some goodies and case. Good deal

Yeah, I bet that saw could've easily gone north of $300 here, especially with some goodies and case. Good deal
Yeah i agree...but like i said, once i listed it for 300 i didnt want to take it down and relist it. The dude who got it seemed like a rad dude too. Speaking of sweet deal, theres a cs-352 here used to cut down 2 trees for $100. I just bought a damn near new cs-310 for 100 bucks but Ive been eyeballing the 352....you like yours?

Back