Help with 028 super muffler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trogggy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Not modding it, rather finding one.

I've had an 028av super for the past couple of years. A couple of days ago the muffler gave up the ghost and I'm trying to identify what part number I need, or what'll fit. I've seen a few different aftermarket mufflers about, some say they fit 024s, 026s and 028s; some say they fit 028s and 038s. Also seen a few different part numbers for oe mufflers being sold for an 028.
According to a stihl uk dealer the part's obsolete, so they couldn't supply a number. :cry:

I know the super is bigger displacement than the standard 028 (51.5cc ish?) but not whether any 028 muffler will fit. I've already posted on the manual thread, hoping someone can send me a parts list, but mebbe someone can tell me what fits?
Serial number is 112773719.
Pics:
DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave

Thanks to Quadruss I've now got a parts list for an 028AV - still not sure if the muffler's the same part number as for the Super though, I've come across a few serial numbers - apparently some have different fixing points?

Anyone know the definitive serial number for an 028AV Super muffler (or has a parts list for one)?
Dave

davemullane (at) gmail.com

I couldn't find any numbers on the cases but the front case has the heat shield tacked on the outside of it, the inner case should be #1118 145 0703 and outer #1118 140 0802, #'s 17 & 21 on the ipl, maybe this will help! Ebay has a lot of these mufflers for sale also, I would get one with the shield on front.

Last edited:
I couldn't find any numbers on the cases but the front case has the heat shield tacked on the outside of it, the inner case should be #1118 145 0703 and outer #1118 140 0802, #'s 17 & 21 on the ipl, maybe this will help! Ebay has a lot of these mufflers for sale also, I would get one with the shield on front.
Ta.

*runs off to check ebay*

The front grille is what usually determins if the muffler is from a regular 028 or a 028 Super. I changed all the mufflers on my regular 028 over to the 028 Super mufflers and they are interchangeable without any modifications.
On ebay # 320334152879 ; thats a Super muffler.
Pioneerguy600

The front grille is what usually determins if the muffler is from a regular 028 or a 028 Super. I changed all the mufflers on my regular 028 over to the 028 Super mufflers and they are interchangeable without any modifications.
On ebay # 320334152879 ; thats a Super muffler.
Pioneerguy600
Brilliant. Big thanks to both of you. :clap:

I'd seen those but wasn't sure they'd fit. Now to see if they'll post across the pond.

Last edited:
Let us know how you make out? If they will not ship across the pond some of us will send you a muffler.
Pioneerguy600

Just to complete the story...
Muffler arrived a few days ago - the same type you linked to, cost about $35 including shipping to France so I'm happy. After searching on here I drilled the front as per your mod - the saw's running like a dream now.
Thanks again to all who replied.

Dave
:cheers::cheers:

Latest posts

Back