Help with bucket , its cocked at an angle!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenWimpy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I sat my bucket on the ground today. When I got back in the bucket , I hit the wrong button. I cocked it to the side. Now its at an angle , how do I get it back in place?
Its a hi ranger..............

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited:
High Ranger XT I'm guessing? You probably jumped the leveling chain, we see it all the time. The leveling will need to be loosened and reset.

Your best bet is to have a qualified repair facility look at it. They'll most likely want to pull the upper rods to check for damage. I have seen cases were it has stressed the slug at the end of the rod.

High Ranger XT I'm guessing? You probably jumped the leveling chain, we see it all the time. The leveling will need to be loosened and reset.

Your best bet is to have a qualified repair facility look at it. They'll most likely want to pull the upper rods to check for damage. I have seen cases were it has stressed the slug at the end of the rod.

How do I do it?
Can't I just pop it back in place?

Got it fixed! It took the Tech from Hi Ranger 3 hours at $93 an hour + tax = a $382 dollar mistake ! NEVER PUT YOUR BUCKET ON THE GROUND!

The guy did a great job considering it was over 100 degrees with a heat index of 110/115!

You did the right thing by having Terex come out. When it comes to critical components like the leveling it's always best to let the pro's do it!

The same thing happend with my versalift 255 the other day. Was lucky enough to have a Alltec mechanic in the State and he took a look at it for me. Said I should replace all the chains and the leveling rods. Thats going to cost me about 5k. Not sure why the tensioner can't be released and the bucket just straightened back up. I'm all about safety first but 5k? I probably will get a second opinion.

Latest posts

Back